Emma Watson Confirmed for New Role in "Perks of Being a Wallflower"

Watson
Posted by: Stephanie_J
February 10, 2011, 12:49 PM

Actress Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) announced on her Twitter and Facebook accounts that the rumors are true: she has been cast in the upcoming "Perks of Being a Wallflower" alongside Logan Lerman ("Percy Jackson & the Lightning Thief").

Ms. Watson revealed filming will begin this summer and she will be taking on the role of Sam, the main character Charlie's first love (portrayed by Lerman).

"The Perks of Being a Wallflower" is based off the novel by Stephen Chbosky. Chbosky has also written the screenplay and will direct.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson News

i need this NOW.
so excited for this, oh gosh.

Posted by andarocketship on February 11, 2011, 02:00 PM report to moderator
Daniel-radcliff-how-to-succeed1-240x300_normal_thumb

wanna see her!

Posted by HalfbloodPrince08 on February 11, 2011, 03:41 PM report to moderator
Img_2115picnic_thumb

I really liked that book so I’m glad that they picked a good actor!! :)

Posted by phoenixortheflame on February 11, 2011, 05:26 PM report to moderator
Img_2115picnic_thumb

Well, actress. And actor too cause Logan Lerman isn’t too bad himself.

Posted by phoenixortheflame on February 11, 2011, 05:28 PM report to moderator
Deathly_hallows_6_thumb

I was excited for this movie anyway, but now that Emma AND Logan are in it…

Posted by theone-eyedwitch on February 11, 2011, 05:56 PM report to moderator

Can’t wait to see Emma here in Pittsburgh!

Posted by Reader511 on February 11, 2011, 08:46 PM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2010-12-01_at_8

So exited!!!! Luv u Emma!!!! ur my inspiration!!!!! 2 of my favorite movie/ book franchises into one movie (kindof) AWWWWWSUM!!!! cant wait

Posted by charlotte.granger on February 11, 2011, 09:39 PM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2010-12-01_at_8

Posted by charlotte.granger on February 11, 2011, 09:39 PM report to moderator
Neville_god_pic_thumb

Two my favorite actors in one movie! If she kisses him, I’ll be so jealus! Logan Lerman is soo cute:)

Posted by Tanderule on February 11, 2011, 09:53 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

hooray hooray!

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on February 12, 2011, 02:11 PM report to moderator
Mac3_thumb
1925 Points

I love logan lerman!

Posted by Parkinsonpansy on February 12, 2011, 04:11 PM report to moderator
Hni_0022_thumb

AHHH! cant wait to see this! :D I love Logan Lerman from Percy Jackson :D
oh that Logan, he is very lucky to get to work along side Emma! :D and like wise for Emma cause Logan is Hot! xD haha

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on February 12, 2011, 08:05 PM report to moderator

Congrats to Emma, can’t wait to see her !!

Posted by S.K.M(ROAR!) on February 13, 2011, 06:32 AM report to moderator
Diagon_thumb

AMAZING! I’ve heard rumors about this for ages so I’m seriously happy she’s been confirmed for it :) I think her and Logan will be brilliant together.

Posted by Sigourney♥ on February 13, 2011, 07:25 AM report to moderator
27577_1__thumb

Is it a British film? Just wondering because i dont think Lerman is British
either way i’m excited, i’ll have to check out the book

Posted by Rowling Stones on February 13, 2011, 04:32 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

Harry felt as though he were carrying some kind of talisman inside his chest over the following two weeks, a glowing secret that supported him through Umbridge's classes and even made it possible for him to smile blandly as he looked into her horrible bul