"Deathly Hallows: Part 1" US DVD Release Date 15th April

DH Film
Posted by: Rosi
February 01, 2011, 12:12 PM

A press release by Warner Bros. today reveals the US release date for the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" as 15th April 2011. The film will be available in Blu-Ray Combo Pack, DVD and Digital Download. The Blu-Ray Combo Pack will feature "a hi-definition, a standard definition, and a digital copy of the film, for $35.99 and on Single Disc DVD in widescreen format for $28.98 SRP."

The film will be available to rent on demand "through Digital Cable, Satellite TV, and select game consoles." Digital film retailers and select game consoles will also have the film up for digital download. It will be available to rent on Blu-Ray and DVD via kiosks and subscription on 10th May 2011. More information about the digital downloads:

iTunes - Fans that purchase the title from iTunes will receive extras including a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1” soundtrack, eight deleted scenes, and an interview with Rupert Grint, Tom Felton, Oliver Phelps and James Phelps discussing growing up on set and life after Potter.

On Demand – Consumers that rent the film On Demand in Hi-def will have access to great bonus content including Dan, Rupert and Emma's “Running Competition,” an exclusive video that gives a glimpse of the new cast members on the set, and a deeper look at the making of the soundtrack for “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1.”
The "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" release coincides with the 15th April release of “Harry Potter Years 1-7 Part 1” gifts ets on DVD and Blu-ray Disc:
The giftsets feature the first seven films in the franchise (“Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone,” “Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets,” “Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban,” “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire,” “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix,” “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” and “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1”); the Blu-ray giftset includes an abundance of spectacular special features on each movie.   The “Harry Potter Years 1-7 Part 1” Giftset will be available on Blu-ray for $134.99 and DVD for $78.92 SRP.
The DVD will be released in the UK on the 11th of April.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

that was quick

Posted by Mew5645 on February 03, 2011, 07:32 AM report to moderator
Prophecy_thumb

Well, Yoda, perhaps I should screen my personal opinions through you in future and make sure you don’t object before I post to comments. Believe me, even if I knew you (which I don’t) your inappropriate and judgmental mudslinging would hurt me not at all.

Posted by DeliaDee on February 03, 2011, 10:52 AM report to moderator
Jamesoliverphelps_thumb

Why would you get the gift set without DH2? I’m excited about the extra features though :D

Posted by MischiefManaged404 on February 03, 2011, 12:41 PM report to moderator
31940_1368188618153_1634826053_846764_2109138_n_thumb

I cant wait for the premiere! :)

Posted by potternotrotter on February 04, 2011, 11:40 PM report to moderator
31940_1368188618153_1634826053_846764_2109138_n_thumb

I cant wait for the premiere! :)

Posted by potternotrotter on February 04, 2011, 11:40 PM report to moderator
31940_1368188618153_1634826053_846764_2109138_n_thumb

*I cant wait for the premiere of part 2~!

Posted by potternotrotter on February 04, 2011, 11:48 PM report to moderator

Im so Glad its being released on the 11th in the UK! Cant Wait!!

Posted by Gurps on February 05, 2011, 06:13 AM report to moderator

This will be great. I have the Ultimate Editions 1-4 on bluray but all the extra features are on regular DVD format. Got HBP on bluray for birthday and the extra feature cd with this is on regular DVD format. Would imagine that if they did not bring out the DVD version of DH1 there would be alot of whining about where is it because some folks do not wish to wait for DH2 for it to be combined into one package. We are also a greedy bunch as we want our own copies ASAP and yes with all the extras. Count me as one of them.

Posted by hewy on February 05, 2011, 07:00 PM report to moderator

hey thats emma’s bday! thats a little ironic…

Posted by VampiresSuck on February 06, 2011, 01:41 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

Wow I was expecting it to come out in March but hey! we all know what to do with our tax refund money if your lucky in the US.

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on February 07, 2011, 04:30 PM report to moderator

Gotta love this news. DVD release dates are typically found on http://www.filmcrave.com/dvd_new.php

Posted by yousep2012 on February 08, 2011, 11:43 PM report to moderator
Hermione3_thumb

It comes out on my birthday!! I’ll definitely have to watch it that night. I may just wait to buy both movies together…but who knows if I can wait!

Posted by Fire Berry on February 10, 2011, 12:57 PM report to moderator

My birthday! And Emma Watson’s too :)

Posted by Sherly on February 10, 2011, 02:37 PM report to moderator

"Tell me, how is Lucius Malfoy these days? I expect he's delighted his lapdog's working at Hogwarts, isn't he?"[br]"Speaking of dogs," said Snape softly, "did you know that Lucius Malfoy recognized you last time you risked a little jaunt outside?'