Ralph Fiennes Talks Upcoming Film and Playing Voldemort

Fiennes
Posted by: Mel
December 02, 2011, 07:56 PM

Ralph Fiennes (Voldemort) recently did an interview where he dicussed his upcoming project of playing the lead in a new adaptation of "Coriolanus," as well as some reflections on his role in Harry Potter:

How did it feel to finally wrap the "Potter" series up after such a commitment?

I think it's come to its natural end. I think it was good that it ended. It seemed to be there for just the right amount of time and it sustained itself very well. Warner Bros. and the producers were smart in the way they kept up to speed with the changing taste of their audience. The series sort of grew up with its core audience as they grew up and got darker and tougher and kind of quite adult in the end, I think. I thought they handled it brilliantly. It was really smartly produced, cleverly produced to be big entertainment, but to have a smartness about it. Every department, its design, its look.

Fiennes also talked about whether he inspires fear in children who happen to see him:

So has any young child ever cried upon seeing you, thinking they've just seen Voldemort in the flesh?
Have you not read the story? On [the "Harry Potter" set] the child of the script supervisor was sitting in a chair and I just walked past and looked and the child dissolved into tears. Very satisfying.
Amazing. But never in public?
No. I mean I had all of the makeup on and stuff.

The article, which you can read here, goes on to discuss his involvement in "Coriolanus," the trailer for which can be seen here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fiennes News

Hpphotoshop_thumb

He was a great Voldy :D

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on December 02, 2011, 08:32 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

He truly ‘got’ the role… Very good casting job that…

Posted by Won_Two on December 02, 2011, 08:50 PM report to moderator

Haha, ’’very satisfying?" lOl. Not to be repetitive but he did a great job, great casting! xD

Posted by . on December 02, 2011, 09:40 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_n28b4fpncl1qan42po2_r1_250_thumb
20962 Points

Lol, I just love how he made a little kid cry! Evil of me I know. He was the best and creepiest Voldy we could have ever wished for.

Posted by LunaLuver on December 03, 2011, 02:40 AM report to moderator
423928_2979823569581_1081661667_32966780_333709726_n_thumb

There is no other Voldemort, and never will be… seriously.

Posted by Gene *ROAR* on December 03, 2011, 04:56 AM report to moderator
Da_thumb

Best Voldy ever. xD

Vote for me 3 times? It would really help:
Thanks! :)

Posted by harrypotter4258 on December 03, 2011, 11:40 AM report to moderator
Ron-and-hermione_thumb

So amazing! It’s so awesome that he finds the reaction of the child funny! So epic!

Posted by lovelle on December 03, 2011, 10:26 PM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

Best Voldy ever

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on December 05, 2011, 05:57 AM report to moderator

It not just Ralph for me
I think its would be really hard to imagine any of the HP characters beeing played by different actors. It always seemed, for me at least, as if the characters were written to be played by the actors who actually played them on screen.

Posted by daldula on December 05, 2011, 07:57 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"I took a wrong turning on the way to the bathroom and found myself in a beautifully proportioned room I have never seen before... When I went back to investigate more closely, I discovered that the room had vanished... Possibly it is only accessible at f