Alan Rickman Voted Broadway's Sexiest Man, Interview with NPR

Rickman
Posted by: Mel
December 12, 2011, 03:02 PM

Broadway.com recently asked readers to vote for Broadway's Sexiest Man and Alan Rickman (Severus Snape) won the title. Second and third place went to Hugh Jackman and Nick Adams respectively.

Rickman also did an interview with NPR where he discusses a variety of topics including his new play "Seminar," his role in Harry Potter, and playing villains:

On playing the Sheriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves and other bad guys
"You can't ... say to yourself, 'I am playing a villain.' [The characters] don't think they are anymore than heroes think that they're heroes. They're just who they are and this is what they want. It's other people that put that label. So you can't judge the character you're playing ever.
"And I suppose all I can say is as time has gone on, I've been fortunate to do things like Sense and Sensibility and Truly Madly Deeply. [In] Love Actually, [Rickman's character, Harry] might have been naughty, but not exactly a villain. ...
"[Playing a villain is] a very small part of whatever I've done. It's like two or three parts, and they just happened to have big publicity budgets. But ... it's not the major area of my work."

Thanks so much to potions fan for the links to both of these items!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Rickman News

018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

Harry snubbed at the Golden Globes. Well this bodes well for the rest of awards season then

Posted by KiwiMcI on December 15, 2011, 10:14 AM report to moderator

Congratulations to him! He deserved the award though, I mean who else could have won it?

Posted by Anna Libertas on December 15, 2011, 11:29 AM report to moderator

Agreed AlexSnape, no competition. The man is sexy beyond belief.

Posted by Erin Lovegood on December 16, 2011, 06:58 PM report to moderator

Truely he is a great stage actor and yes supremely sexy!!! No doubt about it!!

Posted by hewy on December 17, 2011, 03:15 PM report to moderator
Johnnie_ret_thumb

Stop it, people. If you continue to inflate that man’s EGO, he’s going to explode. Or worse, he may decide to have even more cosmetic surgery shudder… Besides, he’s mortified by this sort of thing (how come no one is blown away by my extraordinary talent + my RADA training, and my audience consists only of women who seem to find my ageing body irresistible and whose irritating giggling constantly interrupts my stellar performance?) I remember when a bunch of fangirlies voted him “Favourite Londoner” in Time Out magazine… My God, he was LIVID! As a result, he started treating anyone he suspects of being a fan with utter contempt. He now signs autographs outside the theatre with the same enthusiasm of a celebrity contestant in the jungle eating insects. Still, I admit that’s a bit better than not bothering to sign at all, like others do… And if you’ve been to the stage door, don’t fool yourself: he didn’t ‘smile’ at you, that’s just his old forced grin. Wake up, girls. It took me many years, but I did, and I’m glad.

Posted by Gloria on December 19, 2011, 03:44 PM report to moderator

Harry's mouth fell open as the full impact of what he was seeing hit him. Ron was leaning out of the back window of an old turquoise car, which was parked [i]in midair.[/i]