Dan Radcliffe to Star as Allen Ginsberg in Upcoming Film?

Radcliffe
Posted by: Edward
December 01, 2011, 06:58 PM

The Guardian is reporting that Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) is in negotiations to play poet Allen Ginsberg in a film, "Kill Your Darlings."  While information is still scarce about the project, the paper details that the film will be written and directed by John Krodidas, who is known for this short films but will be delving into feature legnth territory with this new project.  According to the paper, the film "is expected to chart the young Ginsberg's introduction to the Manhattan beat scene and his relationship with fellow writers Jack Kerouac and Lucien Carr. The latter was jailed for second-degree murder in 1944 after stabbing his stalker, David Kammerer, with a boy scout penknife and then dumping the body in the Hudson."  We have yet to receive confirmation on this casting, but will let you know when we do!

On a related note, Mr. Radcliffe is reportedly writing a film that, according to the actor, no one will want to see.  While doing press with MTV for his upcoming "The Woman in Black" film, the actor spoke of a screenplay he's working on, Mr. Radcliffe said, "I am trying to write a script which is fun and frustrating and terrible at the moment but hopefully will be good at some point."  He went on to describe the project as "art house" and has also been writing poetry.  To watch the full clip, click here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

Da_thumb

FIRST!!

And I think he’d be pretty good for it. He’s a good actor.

Posted by harrypotter4258 on December 01, 2011, 08:12 PM report to moderator
Da_thumb

And by the way, if you could help me out by just voting for me 3 times, I would really appreciate it: http://www.myhogwarts.co.uk/ho­neydukes/2309
Thanks! :)

Posted by harrypotter4258 on December 01, 2011, 08:28 PM report to moderator
Vdpqtmg_thumb

Cool, if it’s an actual movie I might go and see it.

Posted by Acciobrooms on December 01, 2011, 09:24 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Certainly would be a nice ‘stretching exercise’ for his acting skills…

Posted by Won_Two on December 01, 2011, 10:01 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Well he is been really busy at the moment and I hope his script goes well :)

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on December 02, 2011, 05:23 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

That’s cool!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on December 02, 2011, 06:01 AM report to moderator
Prophecy_thumb

Ginsberg and Radcliffe? I REALLY hope this is true. I was fortunate enough to attend a Ginsberg talk about a year before he passed and then meet him afterward. It was quite a time. :)

Posted by DeliaDee on December 02, 2011, 07:31 AM report to moderator
Iconator_1a0e5a2a006d2c78af7e716742496a56_thumb

wish I could be able to watch the video, I can’t watch because from being another region…

Posted by worldstraveller on December 02, 2011, 07:43 AM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

good on Dan,keep up the good work,you are a role model to us because of how hardworking you are, even though you don’t need to work and your are so passionate about what you do

Posted by mencia on December 02, 2011, 08:23 AM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

I appreciate Mr. Radcliffe’s desire to change his public image and build up his creds as an intellectual, but this seems like a really strange bit of casting to me. But maybe that’s because my image of Ginsberg has always been a slightly pudgy, balding greybeard. I suppose that if this movie gets made, I will go just to see if he can pull it off.

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on December 02, 2011, 10:40 AM report to moderator

Daniel is a poet himself, since he was very young, so he would be perfect for this role. But I’d wait for an official confirmation, because we know how tabloids are… He is quite versatil, our Dan, he was just nominated for a Grammy, I think that says it all!

Posted by ethanHP on December 02, 2011, 10:49 AM report to moderator

I’m glad Daniel is active; don’t worry Daniel, I’ll read your script no matter how awful you think it is, because I’ll love it. :D

Posted by . on December 02, 2011, 10:51 AM report to moderator
Necklacecloseup_thumb

Interesting choice, if confirmed I’ll put it down as a definite maybe.

Posted by makotohanabi on December 02, 2011, 03:51 PM report to moderator

@ethanHP The Guardian is not a tabloid. It’s one of the most respectable UK newspapers and particularly good on the Arts. I would generally believe what is written in there. It does only say he is in talks at the moment though.

Posted by anne1 on December 02, 2011, 04:58 PM report to moderator
Ron-and-hermione_thumb

It’s so nice seeing him in a new light. I mean, he’s doing different things and he really loves doing them. Well, best of luck to Daniel Radcliffe! So sure he’ll be great! :D

Posted by lovelle on December 03, 2011, 11:36 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Not as stupid as you look, are you, Dud? But I s'pose if you were, you wouldn't be able to walk and talk at the same time..."