Rupert Grint Donates Artwork to the Prince's Trust

Grint
Posted by: Stephanie_J
November 09, 2011, 11:11 AM

Actor Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) has donated an original artwork of his to the Prince's Trust in the South West for the organization's inaugural Evening of Art.

A photo of Grint's acrylic painting can be seen at this link, as well as an image of the actor holding his work.

Grint's painting will be up for auction on December 7, 2011 with all the money raised going to help disadvantaged young people.

An excerpt from the auction catalog talks a bit about Grint's keen interest in art and how he would spend time between scenes on the Harry Potter set drawing:

After achieving an A* grade for his GCSE, Rupert has continued with his interest in Art, not only with his own drawings but as a collector too. Rupert has a keen eye for the interesting and quirky; he follows several artists closely and has become an avid supporter of their work.
Born in Harlow in 1988, Rupert grew up in Hertfordshire and found recognition at an early age by winning the role of Ron Weasley in the Harry Potter film adaptation series. Whilst between scenes on set he would always have a good stock of sketch pads and pencils to hand, drawing to pass the time.
Today he jumps at the chance to get involved with any art projects, and loves to push himself, trying different techniques to achieve his aims.
Thanks to RupertGrint.net for the tip!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Grint News

Evanna_____thumb

Thats great! I love him even more now :’)

Posted by Luna-Rose on November 09, 2011, 11:21 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

I suppose he will be painting his ice cream truck next perhaps?

Posted by Won_Two on November 09, 2011, 12:31 PM report to moderator
Thank_you_thumb

Oh! I didn’t know he liked art, he’s not bad either!

Posted by Livi22-((ROAR!)) on November 09, 2011, 12:56 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Oh wow didn’t know he was the arty type :D its really good. Has a mystery behind it :D

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on November 09, 2011, 04:24 PM report to moderator
Ron-and-hermione_thumb

He is soooooo amazing! I love it! I mean, I never knew he was an artist! And it’s so nice knowing that! I Love it!

Posted by lovelle on November 09, 2011, 05:00 PM report to moderator
Ron-and-hermione_thumb

Posted by lovelle on November 09, 2011, 05:01 PM report to moderator
Ron-and-hermione_thumb

Posted by lovelle on November 09, 2011, 05:02 PM report to moderator

Gosh, I would love one of his paintings! He’s a pretty good artist. <33

Posted by . on November 09, 2011, 06:37 PM report to moderator
9c4f419901ab145bf06cc1340624a6b6_thumb
2077 Points

Wow! Cool!

Posted by MissWeasley8 on November 09, 2011, 08:06 PM report to moderator
881_thumb

I never knew he sketched on the sets!So cool, Rupert:D

Posted by tough~pygmy~puffs*ROAR* on November 09, 2011, 09:14 PM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

impressive, didn’t know he liked art, a pleasant surprise though

Posted by mencia on November 10, 2011, 01:04 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

It’s in impressive!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on November 10, 2011, 06:57 AM report to moderator
Ed-in-chief_thumb

Someone – I think it was either Tom or Matthew who talked about Rupert and his interest in art. Great to see these young people unfold after the films are done.

Posted by chikitcorpuzvesterbaek on November 10, 2011, 10:12 AM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

What a great thing he is doing.

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on November 11, 2011, 06:14 PM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Way to go Rupert

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on November 26, 2011, 11:35 PM report to moderator

"Saved Weasley's neck, haven't you?" he said to Harry. "I've never seen a worse Keeper... but then he was [i]born in a bin[/i]... Did you like my lyrics, Potter?"