When Harry Left Hogwarts Documentary Now Online

DH Film
Posted by: Mel
November 21, 2011, 07:08 PM

The "When Harry Left Hogwarts" documentary, which features footage from the filming of the final two movies, is now available to watch online. The documentary was filmed by BAFTA recipient Morgan Matthews and can be viewed in two parts here and here or below.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-20070328093850961_thumb

Amazing! I blubbered like Hagrid the whole time D:

Posted by Bless_the_children on November 22, 2011, 07:50 PM report to moderator
Ghj_thumb

Wow, this is amazing!

Posted by giraffelions on November 22, 2011, 08:18 PM report to moderator
Thank_you_thumb

Made me cry for most of it. Love it!

Posted by Livi22-((ROAR!)) on November 23, 2011, 01:58 AM report to moderator

Why do they love make us cry so much?!!! This was so beautiful and well done!

Posted by ethanHP on November 23, 2011, 03:28 PM report to moderator

This documentary helped me realize how hard it is to make a movie, especially one of this magnitude. We can talk about things we wish were different about the movies, but that doesn’t make them any less amazing. At the end when David Heyman started crying I was like, “Oh my gosh!” Everybody seems to be always so composed in other interviews, but this documentary was different because everybody seemed so vulnerable. Emma talking about her fear of people’s comments and not wanting to mess up made me want to give her a BIG hug. Dan talking about feeling like he was 10 was a great part too. I could really feel what the cast and crew were feeling while watching this – wow.

And I’m SO GLAD it’s online because I don’t have bluray. THANK YOU to Leaky and the YouTube uploader!

Posted by potterlover18 on November 23, 2011, 07:25 PM report to moderator

Absolutley loved it even though i cried most the way through, Harry Potter will always live on in all our hearts x

Posted by judge on November 24, 2011, 05:49 AM report to moderator
Hermione_-_poa_thumb

This is pure awesome.

Posted by hermioneginnyluna on November 25, 2011, 01:14 PM report to moderator
Hermione_-_poa_thumb

This is pure awesome.

Posted by hermioneginnyluna on November 25, 2011, 01:31 PM report to moderator
100_4747_thumb

That was truly amazing. I never thought about how hard it would be for the ending for the cast. It was so hard to watch all the goodbyes and the final shoot of Dans and Ruperts and Emmas, to think about the pain of knowing that. It was a really well done doc. Harry potter lives forever.

Posted by HarryLover on November 26, 2011, 05:55 PM report to moderator
100_4747_thumb

potterlover is soooo right. I couldn’t believe the sudden hit of realization that these people are just people, i’ve always known that, but its so true.

Posted by HarryLover on November 26, 2011, 05:57 PM report to moderator

Yeah… I couldn’t get through the first 2 minutes alone without bawling like a baby. Merlin, I love “Harry Potter” :)

Posted by CloakKnight on November 27, 2011, 01:27 AM report to moderator
Ed-in-chief_thumb

What did the plasterer say about their work – like Hagrid who helps everyone and does not get recognized for it?
These movies are a HUGE testament to the artistry and skills of all these craftsmen who brought to life our beloved Harry Potter universe. They really should be given accolades for ten years’ work.

Posted by chikitcorpuzvesterbaek on November 27, 2011, 02:30 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lpj3u7got11qb4krdo1_500_thumb

That was incredibly emotional. Harry Potter is really something that you will keep with you for the rest of your life, the interview was fantastic, but it pains me too see it being filmed with a green screen, because it shows that there isn’t really that magical world they’re filming in. Harry Potter is definitely my life, it has been my childhood and it has really moved me so much. It’s depressing to realise that it’s over, but we can hold together. I really love Harry Potter, words can’t explain how much. :’)

Posted by Harry-Potter.fan on November 28, 2011, 02:15 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Alright! :-) I can’t wait to watch it! @ Won_Two: I bet it is, I agree with your statement.

Posted by starlightbreaker on November 29, 2011, 02:03 PM report to moderator

"I heard my dad," Harry mumbled. "That's the first time I've ever heard him -- he tried to take on Voldemort himself, to give my mum time to run for it..."[br]Harry suddenly realized that there were tears on his face mingling with the sweat.