Video: JK Rowling Talks McGonagall and Snape's Fight in "Deathly Hallows"

DH Film
Posted by: Stephanie_J
November 02, 2011, 11:09 PM

MTV News has posted an exclusive clip from The Women of Harry Potter, a special feature to be included on the "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" Blu-ray and DVD.

In the clip, author JK Rowling talks about the showdown between Professors McGonagall and Snape. Ms. Rowling admits that in a very early draft of the film's script, screenwriter Steve Kloves had Harry Potter facing off against Snape, but she was not satisfied with that.

"I don't like the marginalization of women when the fighting breaks out. We get to fight too. I really wanted that," she explained. "In the book, Minerva McGonagall is the one who does it and for me it was very important that she did that."
Bonnie Wright, who plays Ginny Weasley, is also included in the clip. On McGonagall's role in the film, she says:
"Teachers have been so repressed in how they see Hogwarts. Obviously from its new sort of ruling, you can see that they're just itching for their fight back against evil and I love that. Professor McGonagall, she just completely shows what she's made of."
Watch the video at this link or embedded below:

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" will be released on Blu-ray and DVD on Nov. 11 in the U.S. and Dec. 2 in the U.K.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

inhonorofrowling.com have the clip =)

Posted by JoRowlingRocks on November 03, 2011, 12:55 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Can’t watch it >:O

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on November 03, 2011, 01:34 PM report to moderator

I d love to write a word that starts with “m” and ends with the German word for “earth”. Is there anyone in Spain who can see it?? Then I get high hopes for next week……
I love McGonagall, we could celebrate birthday together, and taking away that scene would be….well…..male!

Posted by Giant Fairy on November 03, 2011, 02:04 PM report to moderator

Whoo! The teacher heroines! :D

Posted by . on November 03, 2011, 06:43 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

I don’t mean to be mean but some of the comments on the MTV page are written by some absolute dumbasses! I’ll stick to Leaky thank you very much

Posted by KiwiMcI on November 04, 2011, 01:18 PM report to moderator
Da_thumb

it wasn’t as dramatic though. :(

Posted by harrypotter4258 on November 05, 2011, 09:09 AM report to moderator
Ron-and-hermione_thumb

Agree! You go girl! LOL!
But Snape and Harry face off is fine too! But I like this better!

Posted by lovelle on November 05, 2011, 09:46 AM report to moderator
Daniel_radcliffe_being_perfect_thumb

I sadly can’t view this video in my region. :(

Posted by Potterhead777 {ROAR!} on November 05, 2011, 08:13 PM report to moderator
Harry_and_ginny_-_take_my_hand_thumb

JorRowlingRocks, thank you so much for that link!! :D

Posted by ChaserHolly108 on November 08, 2011, 04:10 AM report to moderator
Download__21__thumb

Jo is such an amazing woman. No doubt about it.

Posted by Ellen Weasley on November 08, 2011, 04:33 PM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

why is this video not playing? whats wrong with my region?

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on November 26, 2011, 11:25 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Just thought you'd come nosing around, did you?" Harry shouted...[br]"Sorry about that," said Ron, his face reddening with anger. "Should've realized you didn't want to be disturbed. I'll let you get on with practicing for your next interview in peace."