Video: JK Rowling Talks McGonagall and Snape's Fight in "Deathly Hallows"

DH Film
Posted by: Stephanie_J
November 02, 2011, 11:09 PM

MTV News has posted an exclusive clip from The Women of Harry Potter, a special feature to be included on the "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" Blu-ray and DVD.

In the clip, author JK Rowling talks about the showdown between Professors McGonagall and Snape. Ms. Rowling admits that in a very early draft of the film's script, screenwriter Steve Kloves had Harry Potter facing off against Snape, but she was not satisfied with that.

"I don't like the marginalization of women when the fighting breaks out. We get to fight too. I really wanted that," she explained. "In the book, Minerva McGonagall is the one who does it and for me it was very important that she did that."
Bonnie Wright, who plays Ginny Weasley, is also included in the clip. On McGonagall's role in the film, she says:
"Teachers have been so repressed in how they see Hogwarts. Obviously from its new sort of ruling, you can see that they're just itching for their fight back against evil and I love that. Professor McGonagall, she just completely shows what she's made of."
Watch the video at this link or embedded below:

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" will be released on Blu-ray and DVD on Nov. 11 in the U.S. and Dec. 2 in the U.K.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Vdpqtmg_thumb

That is so cool!, I quite agree with Jo about the women part. Watching the featuertte

Posted by Acciobrooms on November 02, 2011, 11:38 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Rather good that…

Posted by Won_Two on November 03, 2011, 12:04 AM report to moderator
Harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-20070328093850961_thumb

This was a favorite moment of mine. I was terrified McGonagall would die in this book, and this gave me hope she’d make it through the battle.

Posted by Bless_the_children on November 03, 2011, 12:08 AM report to moderator
Harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-20070328093850961_thumb

This, and of course the charging desks :)

Posted by Bless_the_children on November 03, 2011, 12:09 AM report to moderator
Harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-20070328093850961_thumb

This, and of course the charging desks :)

Posted by Bless_the_children on November 03, 2011, 12:09 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_n28b4fpncl1qan42po2_r1_250_thumb
20962 Points

I’m so freaking excited for the DVD to come out!!!!! XD

Posted by LunaLuver on November 03, 2011, 12:29 AM report to moderator
423928_2979823569581_1081661667_32966780_333709726_n_thumb

I will be so pissed if they skipped McGonagall’s part.

Posted by Gene *ROAR* on November 03, 2011, 02:50 AM report to moderator

Can’t be viewed outside the US but pretty sure that’s the same “exclusive” clip that Marie Claire magazine had first…

Posted by JoRowlingRocks on November 03, 2011, 03:18 AM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

can’t view it in my region!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by mencia on November 03, 2011, 04:14 AM report to moderator
Assassin_of_the_tsar_thumb

I can’t watch it! Anyone knows if you can watch it elsewhere? But I agree on what she says, and I can’t wait for it to be released!!

Posted by Milla Aiko Indie on November 03, 2011, 05:27 AM report to moderator
Picasion

I totally agree with Jo

Posted by Weasleyisourking99 on November 03, 2011, 05:28 AM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

Oh well – already taken down. But the release day is coming up! Can’t wait!

Posted by Girlraven1 on November 03, 2011, 05:38 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

I can’t watch it! It the usa mtv and i can’t see it in the UK!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on November 03, 2011, 06:57 AM report to moderator
Petunia2_thumb

McGonagall represent!

Posted by Mad But Happy on November 03, 2011, 10:24 AM report to moderator
Harry_and_ginny_-_take_my_hand_thumb

Urghhhhh, I can’t see it and that makes me so angry!!! :SS Does anyone know a link to see it without any blocking? Please, I’d love to see this video and hear what Jo had to say about McGonagall, she’s one of my favourite characther ever!!! :)

Posted by ChaserHolly108 on November 03, 2011, 12:34 PM report to moderator

Snape picked up the Zonko's bag.[br]"Ron gave them to me," said Harry, praying he'd get a chance to tip Ron off before Snape saw him. "He -- brought them back from Hogsmeade last time --"[br]"Indeed? And you've been carrying them around ever since? How ve

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014