"Ultimate Farewell Tribute" for Harry Potter Films Planned for Spike TV's Scream Awards

Movies
Posted by: Edward
October 05, 2011, 11:18 PM

Entertainment Weekly is reporting that Spike TV's Annual Scream Awards will have what they are calling an "ultimate farewell tribute" to the Harry Potter film series as part of its October 15th awards ceremony.  The show, which is set to broadcast on October 18th at 9pm EST (8pm CST), will also feature, according to EW, "a very special guest."  No word yet on exactly who this mystery guest will be, but the award show looks to be a big night for the Potter film series, for the final installment of the series has been nominated for a total of 14 awards.  Voting is still open, so select your choice via this link.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

I wonder who the speacial guest will be. I highly doubt JKR, but who knows. Anyway I’ll def set my DVR so I can see everything HP. :)

Posted by LunaLuver on October 06, 2011, 12:33 AM report to moderator

Well I went in and voted for them in every category. I hope they win because they deserve it! The only hard choice was choosing between Rupert and Alan for best supporting actor. :/ chose allen in the end because I dont count Rupert as a supporting actor lol

Posted by PotterPalsUnited on October 06, 2011, 12:51 AM report to moderator

k this is not going to be available in Ireland so somebody somewhere (hint yes you) needs to record it and youtubey it. Pretty please with sugar on…

Posted by DavidTheUnready on October 06, 2011, 04:10 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

I wonder who the speacial guest will be. I highly doubt JKR, but who knows.

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on October 06, 2011, 05:25 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Well, it won’t be Steve Jobs…

Posted by Won_Two on October 06, 2011, 10:14 AM report to moderator
Beach_thumb

Very cool! Yes, the DVR most definitely will be set & I have voted!

Posted by StephieLB on October 06, 2011, 10:54 AM report to moderator
Moonlit_fox_pic_2_thumb

I have voted for everything Harry Potter and Doctor Who related! :D I wonder who the guest will be. I’ll be definitely watching when it airs.

Posted by MoonlitFox on October 06, 2011, 12:03 PM report to moderator

I can’t wait to see the tribute, especially with the special guest! JKR, Daniel, Emma, Rupert, oh my the choices! Shall be autotuning the evening and keeping my fingers crossed for HP to win!

Posted by bellahawthorne on October 06, 2011, 12:42 PM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

Fleur-de-Lily, why do you just cut and paste other people’s comments all the time?

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on October 06, 2011, 01:17 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Yeah I kinda noticed that too @WeenyOwl

Hope it will be really enjoyable :)

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on October 06, 2011, 02:18 PM report to moderator
Harry_and_ginny_-_take_my_hand_thumb

I hope I’ll be able to see the show somewhere on TV. :P I think it’s really nice that they are doing this tribute, Harry Potter really deserves it and I hope it’ll win all 14 awards that it is nominated for! :) I have no idea who the surprise could be but I can’t wait to find out… :D

Posted by ChaserHolly108 on October 06, 2011, 03:12 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Can’t wait to watch it!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on October 06, 2011, 05:47 PM report to moderator
Daniel_radcliffe_being_perfect_thumb

Like most of you, I also highly doubt JKR, as she is extremely busy, plus it is mostly a tribute to the movie’s I’m guessing, because after, the nominations are not about the books, they are about the movies! I’m guessing the trio will be there to accept their awards, so are they the special guests? Honestly, who knows! But, by this announcement, I think we can infer that they most likely have won all 14 awards, because they probably wouldn’t have made the tribute! Maybe 13, but probably no less.
Either way, can’t wait to watch!!!

Posted by Potterhead777 {ROAR!} on October 06, 2011, 11:31 PM report to moderator
Ootp_tumblr_thumb

there are a lot of hp haters on those spike comments…i tried voting them down but the site wouldnt let me log in. D:

Posted by hermy007 on October 07, 2011, 01:21 PM report to moderator
Bronwyn_almost_4_months_thumb

I’ll have to make a note to be sure and watch the awards show to check it out. I missed last year’s event. The tribute sounds like a great thing; and a surprise guest…hmmm. Very cool.

Posted by Xyra44 on October 08, 2011, 09:27 AM report to moderator

"Oh, Rita hasn't written anything at all since the third task," said Hermione in an oddly constrained voice. "As a matter of fact," she added, her voice now trembling slightly, "Rita Skeeter isn't going to be writing anything at all for a while. Not unles