International Territories to be Unaffected by Harry Potter DVD Pull

DH Film
Posted by: Stephanie_J
October 29, 2011, 01:08 PM

Cinema Blend is reporting that international territories, meaning any country apart from the United States, will not be affected by Warner Bros.' decision to stop shipment of the "Harry Potter" DVDs and Blu-rays after Dec. 29, 2011. Fans in the U.S. will still be able to purchase digital copies of the films online.

For those unfamiliar with the situation, check out Leaky's followup post about it here.

"Deathly Hallows: Part 2" will be released on Nov. 11 in the U.S. and Dec. 2 in the U.K.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Well this is just plain unfair! Why only the US? They made it sound before like everywhere was getting the DVDs pulled and now is just the US and nowhere else. This is stupid. WB only wants to make more people have to buy the big box sets next year. Well not me, I’m getting Part 2 the day it comes out and then my collection will be complete!

Posted by LunaLuver on October 29, 2011, 02:03 PM report to moderator
423928_2979823569581_1081661667_32966780_333709726_n_thumb

WHAT! How is this happening?! How can people in US still buy the dvd and we can’t?

Posted by Gene *ROAR* on October 29, 2011, 02:15 PM report to moderator
269071_243257649019738_146705262008311_1068786_4799908_n_thumb

OMG this is so stupid and unfair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why the U.S.? So that they can make tons of money off of the box sets???? GRRRRRR!!!!

Posted by sparkle9 on October 29, 2011, 02:26 PM report to moderator
001_thumb

Gene, it’s the other way around. After the 29th, the DVDs won’t be available in the US, but the rest of the world will still be able to buy them.

Posted by Bunney on October 29, 2011, 02:33 PM report to moderator

shrugs I know people find it unfair, but it’s just a delay. I don’t think it’s a big problem, you’re getting it either way. As for me, I HAVE to buy it before December 29th, or I won’t be able to get a copy! Neither sides are getting the best bet you know. . . .

Posted by . on October 29, 2011, 02:56 PM report to moderator
Da_thumb

Why only the US? :(

Posted by harrypotter4258 on October 29, 2011, 03:20 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

This is weird :S WB messed this up :D

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on October 29, 2011, 04:14 PM report to moderator
9387883_csua9n9y_c_thumb

well surely the big harry fans would have bought it on release day so they don’t need to complain… anyone else that really wants a copy would be able to buy it internationally and pay the extra shipping surely?? I myself wonder why is US getting it released on the 11th Nov and us in the UK have to wait till the 2nd Dec?

Posted by Snunkiebrian (Gold Marauder46) on October 29, 2011, 04:36 PM report to moderator
001_thumb

The only problem is that new US fans to the movie won’t be able to buy the movies, except digitally, until WB “unvaults” them. It’s manipulative.

Posted by Bunney on October 29, 2011, 06:37 PM report to moderator
Vdpqtmg_thumb

Sucks for the U.S. but I live in Canada so it doesn’t affect me.

Posted by Acciobrooms on October 29, 2011, 07:32 PM report to moderator
Prophecy_thumb

Now that’s the kind of compassion that warms the soul, Ginny Potter. “It doesn’t affect me at all so whatever.” I don’t mean to single you out; there are far too many people saying what you just said. I thought this was a community. A community cares when their fellow members are negatively affected especially in such an unfair manner. I’m so embarrassed right now.

Posted by DeliaDee on October 29, 2011, 07:48 PM report to moderator

No we know why the US is getting the DVD earlier. They are trying to appease us because they are pulling our DVDs. I know someone who has a bootleg DH2 blue ray already. Maybe I will have him pick me up a copy. They quality is just as good as the ones they are going to sell in the store. Wb does not care about me then I don’t care to give them another cent of my hard earned money.

Posted by mlc on October 29, 2011, 08:05 PM report to moderator
Believe_in_yourself_thumb

This is crazy! Why are they doing this? Does anyone know?
My first thought was that it was some sort of publicity stunt (as if HP needs it ?!), so everybody in the US buys the DVDs real quick, even those people who otherwise would have waited to see if the price went down or if there would be a better or an extended edition. To be honest, I am one of those people; I haven’t decided what edition I want, and if I am going to splash out on a complete (hopefully super-) edition with lots of extras or a box with a wand or something like that. On the other hand, these low tactics of WB does not make me want to send them a lot more of my money. Although I live in Europe, I feel for the fans in the US. Please, Jo, tell them it’s not fair !

Posted by Tarana on October 29, 2011, 08:29 PM report to moderator
Believe_in_yourself_thumb

When I say “tell them” – that’s WB obviously (I hope)

Posted by Tarana on October 29, 2011, 08:31 PM report to moderator

OMG!
Went to COLLEGE got out with $60,000 dollars in debt, don’t even have new HP books to look forward to and now I find out that everyone else BESIDES we in the USA gets a longer window to buy the DVDs than I DO.

I AM THE 99%!!!!!!!!!!

no, but really, why is this even an issue. anyone who wants the dvd or blu ray is welcome to go buy them. if you don’t want to be hoodwinked by WB, just wait for the inevitable deluxe editions of the movies to be released.

the people we should be feeling sorry for, as ever, are the poor SOBs who have only seen the movies and never read the books.

Posted by Johnnymojo88 on October 30, 2011, 02:25 AM report to moderator

"Fred and George tried to get me to make [an Unbreakable Vow] when I was about five. I nearly did too, I was holding hands with Fred and everything when Dad found us. He went mental," said Ron, with a reminiscent gleam in his eyes. "Only time I've ever se