Pottermore Insider Update: Beta User Survey Now Online

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
October 21, 2011, 12:01 PM

The Pottermore Insider blog has just been updated to share a link to a survey of Pottermore for its early beta users.  The blog notes:

It takes less than ten minutes to complete and your feedback will help us to improve Pottermore for everyone. You’ll be able to comment on the different areas of the site, let us know what you enjoy, and what you think could be even better.
Beta users may take the survey via this link.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

I spent way more time than 10 minutes. Oh well I was waiting for my first potion to brew. They got my opinion on that it is rediculous to expect us to spend over an hour online waiting for potions to brew.
I was lucky in that I did get the house I wanted.
I think the “talking” to friends could be a lot easier as I haven’t figured out how to in the first place. Both the great hall and the common room are pretty haphazard.
But I like Pottermore for the most part.

Posted by CatSpirit93 on October 22, 2011, 02:15 PM report to moderator
_r9kau7w_thumb

just did this yesterday! it feels good to know that someone, somewhere, will read my personal comments on how good/bad pottermore is and what to improve on. good survey!

Posted by Nealie Zealbie on October 22, 2011, 05:33 PM report to moderator
350px-montypythoncastsmall_thumb

Hope they enjoyed my essay on my potions problem and hopefully do something to fix it :) Anyway, it was nice to be able to finally give good feedback.

Posted by Kneazlekoneko on October 22, 2011, 06:57 PM report to moderator

I wonder who has to read them all. I tried to keep it somewhat short, but its still long. and with 1000000 of them. just glad I don’t have to do it!

Posted by lpierich on October 22, 2011, 08:05 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Hopefully the glitches will be fixed by the opening week so everyone can enjoy Pottermore

Posted by starlightbreaker on October 22, 2011, 09:13 PM report to moderator
Eeyorescrollsparky_thumb

I did the survey last night. Since I had actually made notes every time I had a glitch – mainly with potions – I had a lot to say so it took me longer than 10 minutes. But I had some positive things to say as well and some suggestions so I put that in the other box. I was glad to have a way to give feedback that wasn’t just ranking answers. Many times that sort of thing doesn’t fit with my experience or opinions. Honestly, I noticed that Sony was there, I looked at the links once, and I could really care less. I doubt they’ll be happy with my rankings on their presence on the site. But, oh well. Not my problem. I wonder how long it will take them to read through all the comments. I wrote quite a lot and I’m sure others did as well. I do hope that they will be able to fix and improve things on Pottermore. I have found most of it to be amazing and interesting. But it has the potential to be so much more.

Posted by Eeyore on October 22, 2011, 09:32 PM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

that good if it would be fixed !

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on October 23, 2011, 07:31 AM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

Please just add sound!

Posted by Girlraven1 on October 23, 2011, 08:40 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Yes, it took me also waaaay more than 10 min, but let’s face it: they put the link on PM insider, where anyone can access it, Beta or no Beta, and there is no place in the survey where you can identify yourself with the PM username.This is, AT LEAST, a shallow way to proceed, so I’m afraid the only object of interest for them will be the Sony impact. Too bad!

Posted by cb160 on October 23, 2011, 09:45 AM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

Couldn’t really answer the questions about Sony, Pottermore hasn’t made me know anything more about them than I already did (practically zero) I’m really mostly interested in the new content on the site and quite liked working throught the chapters finding things.

In the bit at the end I mentioned the glitches in potion making and the way that comments often take ages to appear, so it’s hard to follow what’s going on in the common room and the great hall, it would be nice to be able to have a bit of a conversation with people, it makes it virtually impossible.

I also made a point of mentioning the fact that one of my friends on here has never been able to log in despite having received her welcome letter, the site won’t let her in.

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on October 23, 2011, 10:13 AM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

I don’t think I was able to convey how depressed I feel every time I’ve ventured on to Pottermore. I have never yet managed to make a potion – it seems as though one has been set up to fail. The scenery is pretty, but on the whole I feel that the experience has been designed by and for young, fit people with quick hands who are used to computer games. And what’s the point of having friends on there if one can’t talk to them? There seems precious little else to do. I wish we could have the additional information about characters etc in book form. With a few exceptions, I find the site horribly disappointing.

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on October 23, 2011, 11:00 AM report to moderator
Marrow_normal_normal_small_thumb

I only complained really about the way that they don’t let us scroll in two directions through friend requests. It seems like such a basic design flaw, when you have hundreds of requests and only want to accept the last one.

Wish I’d mentioned the heavy moderation of comments. It is possible to talk in the Common Rooms and is fun when you do, but they don’t half make it hard sometimes!

Posted by nellythemarrow on October 23, 2011, 12:45 PM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

So how do you manage to speak to people in the Common Rooms? (Apart from the fact that most of my friends aren’t in my House.)

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on October 23, 2011, 01:03 PM report to moderator

I think she means the comment boards? But that seems to be the ONLY communication on the entire site. I mentioned that in my survey as well….that it mentions making sure you know who someone is before adding them to your friends list, but giving us no way to get to know people since there is no person to person communication, and you must be friends with people to duel (which doesn’t work anyway). There is no way to communicate with just your friends. If you need to ask a question, you have to put it in comments, but my comments were skipping from 3 minutes ago to over an hour ago…everything in between was gone. So you ask a question and by the time someone sees it to answer it, you are gone.

Posted by songbird on October 23, 2011, 02:37 PM report to moderator
Marrow_normal_normal_small_thumb

Valeria Johanna Well people put nicknames at the end of each of their comments and if we want to reply to someone we start with saying their nickname. It relies on the other person being there and then to see it but still works quite well most of the time. It just means a lot of refreshing the page. And can get confusing when a freshly approved week-old comment the moderators just approved of shows up in the middle of it all.

Posted by nellythemarrow on October 23, 2011, 02:37 PM report to moderator

"Yeh're goin' ter win," Hagrid growled, patting Harry's shoulder again, so that Harry actually felt himself sink a couple of inches into the soft ground. "I know it. I can feel it. [i]Yeh're goin' ter win, Harry."[/i]