Update: Harry Potter Cast Web Chat Complete, Highlights Added

Movies
Posted by: Stephanie_J
October 13, 2011, 10:04 AM

Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter live web chat with cast is now complete! You can watch along on this page and send in questions via Twitter using the hashtag #WBStudioTour.

Participating cast members included:
Natalia Tena (Tonks)
Mark Williams (Mr. Weasley)
Bonnie Wright (Ginny Weasley)
Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy)
Warwick Davis (Griphook/Flitwick)
James Phelps (Fred Weasley)
Oliver Phelps (George Weasley)
Julie Walters (Mrs. Weasley)

Updated with highlights from the web chat:

• On what they miss most: Mark Williams said he misses making his morning coffee while Warwick Davis joked he missed the glue on his face from the prosthetics. Julie Walters said she missed the people she worked with.
  • Williams was ecstatic to find out that Mr. Weasley's wand is now on sale.
  • The cast advise to look for the pensive hidden in the cupboard of Dumbledore's office while doing the studio tour.
  • Room of Requirement is where cast would hide, but James Phelps and Warwick Davis often snuck off to the Great Hall when it was empty. "It's spooky when empty, but calming and quiet," they said.
  • James Phelps called visiting the sets again a "time warp to any time of our teenage years."
  • The Burrow was listed as one of the harder sets to film on because it was small. The Room of Requirement was also a challenge because it got so hot.
  • Julie Walters said that whenever she and Helena Bonham Carter (Bellatrix Lestrange) saw each other on the day of filming their battle scene, they would shout from across the courtyard: "I'm gonna get you!" But Walters enjoyed filming that scene even though she says she later suffered from "wand arm."
  • Bonnie Wright and Tom Felton both have replicas of their character's wand.
  • On sets they would've have liked to film in: Tom Felton said he always wanted to film in the Burrow, while Julie Walters loved the Gyrffindor Common Room.
  • Bonnie and Tom joked you might see them around the studios as "secret tour guides."
  • Cast asked to describe Harry Potter experience in one word: "Magic" - Mark Williams "Pride" - Bonnie Wright - "Comfort" - Julie Walters - "Enjoyable" - James Phelps - "Honored" - Tom Felton
  • Natalia Tena (Tonks) admitted she would take a lot of food from the canteen to share with the crew.
  • The Weasley family will have reunions, it's been decided. When Tom, Warwick and Natalia pretend to be offended, Mark Williams changes it to say, "The Weasley family will HOST a reunion!"
  • As a tip for fans visiting the sets, Williams says to look everywhere, including up and down and not just at eye level because the details are everywhere.
  • "These sets are in such amazing condition, and on proper sound stages," said Bonnie Wright noting that the only element missing are the cameras.
Tickets for the studio tour, which opens 31 March 2012, went on sale to the general public this morning!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Hpphotoshop_thumb

NOOOO!!! I missed it :’(

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on October 13, 2011, 11:00 AM report to moderator
Hedwig_avatar_thumb

Loved it! Good questions, good answers, nice atmosphere, just like sitting down and chatting with old friends.

Posted by Graymayne on October 13, 2011, 11:00 AM report to moderator
Threefriends_thumb

Watched the last 5 minutes or so! =) So cute that the Weasley actors have vowed to host a family reunion every year!!

Posted by ProfessorCharms [ROAR] on October 13, 2011, 11:00 AM report to moderator

Missed it by a few minutes. Tried to log it on Youtube but doesn’t recognize the WB link.

Posted by jasygrama on October 13, 2011, 11:16 AM report to moderator

I missed it because of school :( sob

Posted by SuspectingNargles on October 13, 2011, 11:35 AM report to moderator

Wonder if thiat “secret tour guide” bit is perhaps a hint that they will be there opening day??

Posted by Lookatme_Always on October 13, 2011, 11:49 AM report to moderator

BTW any way you guys can post the chat so those of us who were at school will still be able to watch even though we couldn’t participate

Posted by Lookatme_Always on October 13, 2011, 11:50 AM report to moderator
Thank_you_thumb

I missed this and the opening day tickets sob :‘( I cried for ages. It feels like I’ve missed out on the only big Harry Potter event that I’m ever going to have the chance to go to here in the UK and it just feels awful. I don’t know what to do. I can’t focus on my homework or anything. I know it sounds like I’m overreacting but it really feels horrible. It’s the only big Potter thing that I’ve ever had the chance to go to and I’ve just missed out on it. Ugh!

Posted by Livi22-((ROAR!)) on October 13, 2011, 12:42 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_n28b4fpncl1qan42po2_r1_250_thumb
20962 Points

I missed it! :( Loved the questions, I only wish I was going! To stand in the middle of the Great Hall……I think I’d cry. Actually I know I would. :,,)

Posted by LunaLuver on October 13, 2011, 01:11 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

That was rather good stuff!

Posted by Won_Two on October 13, 2011, 03:49 PM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

The highlights sound awesome! Wish I could have listened to it!

I can’t wait to go XD It will be magical :D I agree with LunaLuver, I think I would probably cry ;)

Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

Hopefully they be able to place the chat here.

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on October 13, 2011, 08:09 PM report to moderator

Nothing’s better than the Harry Potter cast! ;)

Posted by . on October 13, 2011, 08:59 PM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

thats cool but i missed it!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on October 14, 2011, 07:19 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

I missed it but at least I’m going to the tour. I was hoping to go on the day it opened because that’s my birthday but it seems they’ve sold out so I’ve got to wait a bit :(

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on October 14, 2011, 01:04 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

With a bang like a gunshot, the cracker flew apart to reveal a large, pointed witch's hat topped with a stuffed vulture.[br]Harry, remembering the boggart, caught Ron's eye and they both grinned; Snape's mouth thinned and he pushed the hat toward Dumbledo