Video: Emma Watson and J. K. Rowling Discuss the Casting of Hermione

Actor Interviews
Posted by: Edward
October 12, 2011, 07:07 PM

A new clip from the forthcoming "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" Blu-ray DVD has made its way online and features author J. K. Rowling and actress Emma Watson discussing the character of Hermione coming from book to the screen. In one moment, Miss Watson recalls a letter Ms. Rowling once wrote to her in which the author refereed to Miss Watson as "my perfect Hermione."  Check out the video here, thanks to our friends at Snitch Seeker

The "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" DVDs and Blu-ray will be released in the US on November 11th and on December 2nd in the UK.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Actor Interviews News

Daniel_radcliffe__rupert_grint__emma_watson_harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows_movie_image_1_thumb

can’t wait for the Blu-Ray!!! Emma – keep growing the hair please…..

Posted by crikeyhunter on October 12, 2011, 07:47 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

Thanks for uploading. I love Hermione!

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on October 12, 2011, 08:12 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

I don’t have a Blu-Ray player so I’m glad this was on youtube. Hermione was an amazing character :)

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on October 12, 2011, 08:25 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mdtb9ptt2q1qj84c9o1_500_thumb

Awww this is was so cute!:p

Posted by ResaPotter on October 12, 2011, 11:24 PM report to moderator

All of the clips were so much fun to watch – I laughed, cried, & had a smile through each scene. Fantastic!

Posted by jasygrama on October 12, 2011, 11:57 PM report to moderator
Moonlit_fox_pic_2_thumb

Great clip! Can’t wait for the DVD to come out!

Posted by MoonlitFox on October 13, 2011, 04:04 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

That cool clip

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on October 13, 2011, 06:47 AM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

What a great role model for girls Hermione is! Yes, there is more to aspire to in life than having the most fashionable clothes or best hairdo or makeup or most popular boyfriend or the most money to spend on the latest gadget. I hope that JKR’s readers are taking that to heart. I look forward to the day when the up-and-coming young leaders in our societies are asked what inspired them and answer, ‘Reading the Harry Potter books!’

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on October 13, 2011, 12:47 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Very nice indeed…

Posted by Won_Two on October 13, 2011, 03:44 PM report to moderator
Daniel_radcliffe_being_perfect_thumb

Amazing!
This is so cute!
Jo is amazingly brilliant… and wise… and kind… and just perfect in every single way! I hope she knows she is… when she talked a little about her insecurities, it almost broke my heart, because in my mind, Jo is the definition of perfect!
Emma really is the perfect Hermione. She is, like WeenyOwl said, a great role model… both herself AND her character, which is incredible compared to some of the girls on Disney. Which brings up another point… I’m so glad they didn’t do this with Disney! It would have been like Jo said-she would have been that girl with glasses and a headset, who knows nothing about socializing and always is doing…math or something. Of course, Hermione is (in the beginning), a bit of a goody-two-shoes who always had her nose in a book, but not in the way that Jo talked about when she was stating her worries about casting Hermione. Not in, as I like to call it, the “Stereotype Disney Way”.
Anyways, overall just a fantastic clip! I cant wait to watch the entire thing when I get my DVD!

Posted by Potterhead777 {ROAR!} on October 13, 2011, 07:18 PM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

I’m going to wait to watch it when I get the dvd but it sounds awesome :D

I love Jo, Emma, and Hermione! They have such a great influence on everybody, I love them to no end and I can’t wait to watch the Blu-Ray DVDs!

Posted by . on October 13, 2011, 08:44 PM report to moderator
Neville_god_pic_thumb

My birthday’s next month; we all know what I’m getting. Starts with Death and ends in Hallows. Yeah. I knew you knew it.

Posted by Tanderule on October 14, 2011, 12:06 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Awesome video. thanks a lot leaky guys

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on October 15, 2011, 05:12 AM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

Emma Watson is an amazing woman. She is both talented and wise, and I was so glad to hear that JKR thanked her for being the “perfect Hermione”. Emma really brought our Hermione to full and glorious life on the screen.

Posted by Fresca ROAR on October 16, 2011, 05:56 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

Neville had come lunging out of nowhere: Unable to articulate a spell, he had jabbed Hermione's wand hard into the eyehole of the Death Eater's mask. The man relinquished Harry at once with a howl of pain and Harry whirled around to face him and gasped, [