Dan Radcliffe Joins Scream Awards Harry Potter Farewell Event in NYC This Friday

Radcliffe
Posted by: Edward
October 11, 2011, 05:08 PM

Actor Dan Radcliffe has been revealed the special guest scheduled to appear as part of Spike TV's Scream Awards Harry Potter Farewell event in New York City this Friday, October 14th.  As readers will recall, fans were asked to take part by dressing up like Harry Potter characters for the Harry Potter Farewell event.  Thanks to Spike TV, official details and information are as follows:

"COME ONE...COME ALL... COME DRESSED IN ALL THINGS POTTER!!!
CALLING ALL FANS TO JOIN DANIEL RADCLIFFE FOR THIS ONCE IN A LIFETIME [FAREWELL] TO HARRY POTTER!!!!!!
On Friday, October 14th, a select group of 1000 Harry Potter fans will join Daniel Radcliffe in NYC for a final farewell to the greatest film franchise of all time, Harry Potter. The gathering will be used as part of a televised tribute during the SCREAM AWARDS airing on SPIKE TV Tuesday October 18th at 9/8c PM.
To participate, you must be over 18 years old, live in the Tri-State area, be prepared to stay for two hours and come dressed as your favorite Harry Potter character.  The time and location are still TBD.
If you are a diehard Potter fan and want to be part of this historic event and request free tickets here.
Let the trending begin! Please tweet your pics, videos and experiences @spike_tv #SCREAMFORPOTTER. That way, the rest of the Potter community around the world can share the fun."
Although the above press release lists the event time as TBD, the ticket site lists the start time as 9:30pm EST.  We await final confirmation on location and time from Spike TV.

Leaky will have full coverage of the event; stay close for details!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

man I wish I lived in New York :(

Posted by PotterPalsUnited on October 11, 2011, 05:54 PM report to moderator
881_thumb

Can’t wait to watch:) DanRad is so ahhmazingggg<3

Posted by tough~pygmy~puffs*ROAR* on October 11, 2011, 05:56 PM report to moderator

I live 40 minutes away from New York, but it’s the weekend I’m going to Universal. I can’t win.

Posted by bookworm1118 on October 11, 2011, 06:31 PM report to moderator

W-why 18 years of age? >.<

Posted by . on October 11, 2011, 08:44 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Shoyld have guessed Dan would be the surprise, and such a nice one too. ;D Cant wait to watch!

Posted by LunaLuver on October 11, 2011, 08:45 PM report to moderator

I’ll be there! :D

Posted by Jaia85 on October 11, 2011, 09:55 PM report to moderator
Bronwyn_almost_4_months_thumb

Interesting. A couple years ago the Scream awards were filmed in Los Angeles.

Posted by Xyra44 on October 11, 2011, 11:34 PM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

thats cool to read.

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on October 12, 2011, 06:33 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

I really wish I could go

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on October 12, 2011, 10:22 AM report to moderator
Harry_and_ginny_-_take_my_hand_thumb

I hate that it’s only for Tri-State residents, that’s soooo unfair!!! :(( I’ll never get a chance to meet anyone from the movies if they keep going with that rule… :/

Posted by ChaserHolly108 on October 12, 2011, 01:12 PM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

Oh maaaaan, I live in the UK :(

Tn_thumb

Oh, why can’t we apparate?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by mad_maggie01 on October 12, 2011, 04:19 PM report to moderator
Da_thumb

Why aren’t I 18?? D:

Posted by harrypotter4258 on October 12, 2011, 05:22 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Oh goodie… I finally get to wear my Giant Squid costume!

Posted by Won_Two on October 12, 2011, 07:07 PM report to moderator
Vdpqtmg_thumb

I thought he was going to Screamfest because it’s in Calgary and I was like YAY I GET TO MEET HIM! and then once I found out that it was the Scream awards I was like awww.

Posted by Acciobrooms on October 12, 2011, 07:17 PM report to moderator

"You've given me an evening off every week!"[br]"That's for Quidditch practice," said Hermione.[br]The smile faded from Ron's face.[br]"What's the point?" he said. "We've got about as much chance of winning the Quidditch Cup this year as Dad's got of beco