Read The Book Thief with Jo's Book Nook and Order of the Phoenix with the HP Book Club

LeakyLounge
Posted by: Rosi
January 08, 2011, 04:42 PM

As it's now a new year and a new month, both of our book clubs at the Leaky Lounge have selected new books to read and discuss. The Harry Potter Book Club is reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Revisit the fifth book in the Harry Potter series in here at the Leaky Lounge.

Our non-Harry Potter book club, Jo's Book Nook, is reading Mark Zusak's tremendous novel The Book Thief this month. Take part at this link.

The forums for both book clubs are full of polls, quizzes and interesting discussion topics for MyLeaky members to enjoy. Happy reading!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent LeakyLounge News

Wand_thumb

Hmmmm I think I have read The Book Thief it wad pretty good! And of course, OoP was AMAZING! Sirius :’(

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on January 08, 2011, 05:00 PM report to moderator
Jack-o-lanterns_thumb

I just finished The Book Thief last night. It was one of the best books I’ve ever read. Very sad, though.

Posted by Hermione Weasley on January 08, 2011, 06:19 PM report to moderator

i’m just excited for an excuse to read Oop again. And I hear the Book Thief is pretty good… I have alot of books to be read in the month of January now:)

Posted by harrypotter = life ! on January 08, 2011, 06:48 PM report to moderator

The Book Thief is amazing <3

Posted by ExpectoPatronum512 on January 08, 2011, 07:41 PM report to moderator
Picture_1_thumb

Now I’d like to read the Book Thief too! :P

Posted by Books_and_Cleverness on January 08, 2011, 07:42 PM report to moderator
Thriller_thumb

The Book Thief is my favorite book of all time. I’ve read it at least four times… I highly recommend it. Very character-centric.

Posted by findthefourth on January 08, 2011, 09:14 PM report to moderator
Angusjr_thumb

The Book Thief was recommended to me by one of my 17 year old students on a school trip to Cambodia – I was searching in the airport book shop for a book to take on the plane. He told me he cried after reading it. So I read it and I bawled my eyes out lol. Great, great book (and written by a fellow Aussie). Funnily, I then recommended it to my sister and a couple of female friends and they thought it was mediocre – I think it’s a book that makes grown men cry but leaves women feeling unaffected about it all haha.

Posted by fuzzpaul on January 08, 2011, 11:01 PM report to moderator
Mv5bmje0njy5mte2nv5bml5banbnxkftztywnzu4mtk1

The Book Theif is a great book! I read it this past summer!!
Good Choice!

Posted by Beckster235 on January 08, 2011, 11:28 PM report to moderator
111253053264374815_j3jgvm8y_c_thumb

Sounds like a good book. But I don’t know about te sadness. :) Of course reading OotP will be great!

Posted by ksddancer... ROAR!!!!!!! on January 08, 2011, 11:48 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-20070328093850961_thumb

I’m still trying to finish the Book Thief, why does it feel so long when I read OotP in less than a day?

Posted by Bless_the_children on January 09, 2011, 02:20 AM report to moderator
Unknown_thumb

The Book Thief is amazing!!

Posted by Katie_Lily on January 09, 2011, 02:23 AM report to moderator

This was my favourite book I read last year.

Posted by Celtise [TTW] on January 09, 2011, 04:12 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

The Book Thief is amazing

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on January 09, 2011, 06:41 AM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

The Book Thief is brilliant — what an awesome choice!

Green_sea_turtle_thumb

The Book Thief was a very troubling book; I didn’t read it all.

Posted by Butterfly Boy on January 09, 2011, 11:40 AM report to moderator

Bellatrix raised her wand. [i]"Crucio!"[/i][br]Neville screamed, his legs drawn up to his chest so that the Death Eater holding him was momentarily holding him off the ground. The Death Eater dropped him and he fell to the floor, twitching and screaming i