David Yates, David Heyman, and Tom Felton Discuss "Deathly Hallows: Part 2"

DH Film
Posted by: Mel
January 07, 2011, 08:18 PM

In a new article in USA Today, director David Yates and producer David Heyman talked about the general atmosphere of "Deathly Hallows: Part 2":

"The very last one's a big old epic, with lots of battles and dragons and goblins. It's going to be operatic. And then it's over," says director David Yates.
"The decision to split this into two was purely a creative one. By doing two, there's more detail and more time to engage with the characters in the way that we do," says producer David Heyman. "It allows the audience time to bring themselves to it. The audience has the time to project their own feelings and engage with the characters."

Both Yates and Heyman, as well as Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy), also discussed some of the feelings that came with ending the film series:

Asked if he's feeling nostalgic, Yates says, "I don't think we ever took it for granted. We'd sometimes joke about what we're going to do when it's all over. We'll never have this amount of resources again. We're going to have to go back into the real world, after living in this bubble."
...
"One of the greatest gifts that Jo Rowling and the whole franchise has given (the actors) is that we can really end up making a kid's night just from saying hello," Felton says. "I was 12 when we started shooting; 13 when it came out. I'm 23 now. It's been a long journey.
"You don't see people growing up, not when you're there. It's only when you look back at the films. ... Look at Daniel! He was bloody tiny. My face was like a basketball. But those angelic features seem to have left me," he jokes.
"The last film will be it. It's never going to be like this again. You never take this for granted," Heyman says. "You want to do the end justice, so there's a little bit of anxiety."
You can see the rest of the article here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

111253053264374815_j3jgvm8y_c_thumb

What a great interview! I love Tom as a person. It’s not that I feel I know him but that I admire him. Try are all amazing people whom I look up to!

Posted by ksddancer... ROAR!!!!!!! on January 08, 2011, 01:52 PM report to moderator
111253053264374815_j3jgvm8y_c_thumb

What a great interview! I love Tom as a person. It’s not that I feel I know him but that I admire him. They are all amazing people whom I look up to!

Daniel-radcliff-how-to-succeed1-240x300_normal_thumb

It will be incredible!!

Posted by HalfbloodPrince08 on January 08, 2011, 03:35 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

Super excited on seeing it =)

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on January 08, 2011, 04:20 PM report to moderator

Great interview. Tom is such a doll face! The last movie is going to be the end of an era as Hollywood is going to have to go a long way to beat this franchise. HP rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by hewy on January 08, 2011, 06:04 PM report to moderator
Picture_1_thumb

Can’t wait for Part 2 but dont want it to end !

Posted by Books_and_Cleverness on January 08, 2011, 07:53 PM report to moderator

It’s too far away!! I can’t wait for it. I want part 2 now so I can watch both together over & over & over………..

Posted by Ratorr on January 08, 2011, 10:33 PM report to moderator
Beckett_thumb

ah this is gonna be a sad sad day the final film comes out. but the series will never die out. i will read it to my kids and tell them to pass the original books on to their kids and so on. the legend will live on!!!!

Posted by Mudblood_and_proud on January 09, 2011, 03:42 AM report to moderator
Beckett_thumb

Posted by Mudblood_and_proud on January 09, 2011, 03:42 AM report to moderator
781875269_029f43fa6f_thumb

Can’t wait for DH2, but, like everyone else is saying, i is going to be sad when the series ends. can’t imagine anything else “after living in this bubble.”

Posted by ashim_gryffindor (Roar!) on January 09, 2011, 09:37 AM report to moderator
Draco_malfoy_icon

OMG I just love this! And I love how they all have grown up, and that you can see it in the movies,they were so little then! But it´s all very sad too…I mean that after this one it´s all over! Gosh, I´m gonna cry my eyes out!

Posted by jessyginny on January 09, 2011, 11:23 AM report to moderator
Wallpaper-bellatrix-thumb

I cant wait for DH2 to come out but i dont want it to end :( oh well im still super excited!

Posted by you-know-who182 on January 09, 2011, 11:25 AM report to moderator
Wallpaper-bellatrix-thumb

Posted by you-know-who182 on January 09, 2011, 11:25 AM report to moderator
Imagescad1mlxa_thumb

I.Am.So.Going.To.CRY!!!!!!!
Yet DavidTheUnready is right :The Fandom will survive ,My neice (sorry sucky spelling ) can qoute just about every book/movie and can’t stop talking about DH2 so it’ll be hard to say goodbye but JKR may write more (fingers crossed! :)))

Posted by muggle..andproudofit =:) on January 09, 2011, 11:41 AM report to moderator
Harry_thumb

I just don’t know what i’m gonna do after July 15.No books to look forward to and no movies to keep u entertain(I’m talking abt HP). Life is gonna be boring.
Its like i will be missing something from my life

Posted by blackhair on January 09, 2011, 01:36 PM report to moderator

"I've got a broom!" said Ginny.[br]"Yeah, but you're not coming," said Ron angrily.[br]"Excuse me, but I care what happens to Sirius as much as you do!" said Ginny, her jaw set so that her resemblance to Fred and George was suddenly striking.