Divine the future of Sybill's Leakypedia page

Books
Posted by: John
January 28, 2011, 05:09 PM

Looking into my remnants of this morning's mug of tea.. that and seeing her fun little photo on the Leaky post below me, it had me pondering whatever happened to Trelawney. I remember a time when there were popular theories that she would be killed at some point between books five through seven, but survive she did, I expect.

Quite the eccentric character, there is loads to say about Harry's encounters with her, as well as the plethora of info pertaining to her great prophesy. Yet, Leakypedia seems to know nothing about her. Whoever helps correct this will receive 75 MyLeaky points!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Books News

Hufflepuff_thumb

I’m first! She was in book seven wasn’t she?

Posted by jackyfaber101 on January 28, 2011, 05:45 PM report to moderator

@jackfaber101
Yes she was! :D She was throwing crystal balls onto the death eaters and saved Lavender from Fenir Greyback… I hope they put that in the movie :P

Posted by A Sluggish Memory on January 28, 2011, 05:51 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

She was throwing crystal balls at death eaters! that was the great comic relief part of the battle! i think she survived thou!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on January 28, 2011, 06:02 PM report to moderator

with those huge glasses she probably couldn’t even see who she was aiming at and was using her mystical sight to hit the death eaters. So maybe she had already predicted who she was going to be hit :D

Posted by DavidTheUnready on January 28, 2011, 06:23 PM report to moderator

I just got a new computer, and Leaky was my second stop after my e-mail, so I haven’t checked IMDB yet. Has anyone seen if Ms. Thompson is listed in the cast? I’m sure she’d have loved to do Trelawney in conjunction with Venus (Williams).

Posted by BillieMac on January 28, 2011, 10:27 PM report to moderator
Emileesaurus_thumb

I’m kind of new to this and may sound like a complete fool, but I helped edit a section, and I’ve done some searching around, but cannot find an area to link to two accounts- MyLeaky and Leakypedia. Is it possible to link them? Or am I completely misunderstanding the way this works? Hope someone can help! Thanks!

Posted by Beansie on January 29, 2011, 12:32 AM report to moderator

Yes, Emma Thompson wasn’t going to come back at first, but she found a bit of time for a quick cameo. At least that’s what I’ve read!

Posted by Shana on January 29, 2011, 05:46 AM report to moderator
Ron_and_hermione_thumb

Professor Sybill Patricia Trelawney was a witch and the professor of Divination at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She was the great-great-granddaughter of the celebrated Seer, Cassandra Trelawney. She was appointed at Hogwarts by Albus Dumbledore in 1980, after making a Prophecy about Lord Voldemort and Harry Potter.

Posted by timtimloveslupinandron on January 29, 2011, 05:58 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

She’s back though she didn’t want to come at first

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on January 29, 2011, 08:17 AM report to moderator
34903_1465127064332_1118181956_31366985_5699589_n_thumb

Nanny McPhee

Posted by Madeye Carl on January 29, 2011, 08:24 AM report to moderator
34903_1465127064332_1118181956_31366985_5699589_n_thumb

Nanny McPhee …. if she is needed, but not wanted she must drop crystal balls. If she is not needed, but wanted then she must go where the crystal balls are more clear.

Posted by Madeye Carl on January 29, 2011, 08:28 AM report to moderator
Images-5_thumb

i contributed

Posted by DarthSnorkack on January 29, 2011, 09:16 AM report to moderator

I have a special spot in my heart for Trelawney, since I took her name (slightly misspelled) as my Leaky address. I wanted to submit something to LeakyPedia, but I don’t have time to complete the registration. Anyway, you’ve covered her quite well. I just want to add that I thought the movie (POA) made her too wifty. Also, they took away her shawls and beads and gave her a lot of frizzy hair. I’m glad Emma Thompson doesn’t really look like that.

Posted by SybilT on January 29, 2011, 10:58 PM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

I’m happy she’s back for the last movie!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on January 30, 2011, 04:32 AM report to moderator
111253053264374815_j3jgvm8y_c_thumb

Its great she came back. Not many people would bbe able to do her jut right, :)

Posted by ksddancer... ROAR!!!!!!! on January 30, 2011, 09:14 AM report to moderator

Harry, Ron, and Hermione looked at one another. They had never seen eye to eye with Hagrid about what he called "interesting creatures" and other people called "terrifying monsters."