Congresswoman Giffords Looking at Pages of Harry Potter as Part of Recovery

Books
Posted by: Rosi
January 19, 2011, 06:31 AM

A New York Times article about the recovery of the critically injured U.S. Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords revealed that Congresswoman Giffords has begun to show some impressive signs of progress, including looking at "pages of large-print text taken from a Harry Potter book".

Ms. Giffords was one of the victims of a shooting near Tucson, Arizona just under a fortnight ago in which six people were killed and another thirteen injured.

Thanks for the heads up Hank!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Books News

Hermione_-_poa_thumb

That’s so cool! I hope she recovers quickly.

Posted by hermioneginnyluna on January 23, 2011, 02:14 PM report to moderator

This makes me so happy, that someone who went through so much tragedy, can find comfort and healing in these magical books. Congresswoman Giffords, I hope that healing goes well and that these books can give you some relaxation in this hard time. All our prayers are with you. Get well soon! :)

Posted by Hogwarts_Love_21 on January 23, 2011, 05:28 PM report to moderator
600full-harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows_-part-2-screenshot_thumb

Harry Potter helps everywhere

Posted by maddison R-O-A-R on January 23, 2011, 11:06 PM report to moderator
Emma_thumb

i think that is awesome, and if it helps her it should help keep HP in the forefront of everyone’s mind once the movies are not in theaters anymore. Hope she improve’s quickly and i wish all of the victims who were injured the best and the victims who died i send my condolenses in their time of loss.

Posted by sinwillys822 ROAR on January 24, 2011, 12:49 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Oh, that’s fantastic. Thank goodness that she’s making such fast progress; I wish that I had read this sooner. I pray that she makes a very fast and full recovery. :-)
@HalfBloodPrincess (Jenna Evans): No, it’s not just you! :D I agree! I felt the same way last year when I was in the hospital, I kept telling friends and family members who came to visit to bring the movies and the books so I could read and watch them. That’s a good idea. ;-)

Posted by CarinaPotter (ROAR!) on January 27, 2011, 06:42 PM report to moderator
31940_1368188618153_1634826053_846764_2109138_n_thumb

I feel that HP is a necessity. Hope she’s alright now.

Posted by potternotrotter on February 05, 2011, 12:39 AM report to moderator

That just shows everyone how much J.K.Rowling’s Harry Potter series made an impact. CHEERS TO HARRY! =]

Posted by . on April 27, 2011, 06:06 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"This'll liven you up, Padfoot," said James quietly. "Look who it is..."[br]Sirius' head turned. He had become very still, like a dog that has scented a rabbit.[br]"Excellent," he said softly. [i]"Snivellus."[/i]