Congresswoman Giffords Looking at Pages of Harry Potter as Part of Recovery

Books
Posted by: Rosi
January 19, 2011, 06:31 AM

A New York Times article about the recovery of the critically injured U.S. Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords revealed that Congresswoman Giffords has begun to show some impressive signs of progress, including looking at "pages of large-print text taken from a Harry Potter book".

Ms. Giffords was one of the victims of a shooting near Tucson, Arizona just under a fortnight ago in which six people were killed and another thirteen injured.

Thanks for the heads up Hank!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Books News

Green_sea_turtle_thumb

It was a great tragedy. It’s a wonderful fact Harry Potter will help her to heal.
I hope, she will be well.

Posted by Butterfly Boy on January 19, 2011, 12:45 PM report to moderator
Img_0211__2__thumb

Harry does help – even adults. I needed an escape after my nephew was killed in a car accident right after his 18th birthday, and my husband was in the midst of a serious illness. I started reading the books along with my son, and it was a wonderful respite from real life. (in fact, like many here, I liked them so much I read them all again).

Posted by sueml on January 19, 2011, 12:52 PM report to moderator
Caffiene_thumb

Aww. That’s really sweet. :) HP is always helping people inn need.

Posted by Quidditchluver on January 19, 2011, 01:04 PM report to moderator
Hermione_grange_thumb

I remember I was in the hospital one year and I didnt read HP I watch the 2nd movie.
Good Luck Congresswoman Giffords!

Posted by HarryPotterGirl (Hermione) on January 19, 2011, 02:27 PM report to moderator
Escudo20ravenclaw__1__thumb

That’s sweet! Hope she gets well soon :D

Posted by cloethebelatrixlover on January 19, 2011, 02:53 PM report to moderator

Harry Potter has healing powers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Get well Mrs. Giffords!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by fireboltfreak13 on January 19, 2011, 04:13 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Harry Potter is amazing that way! Hope she gets better soon!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on January 19, 2011, 05:34 PM report to moderator

God bless ’er. Harry will help. :)

Posted by Oh, Neville OoM4, GS on January 19, 2011, 05:46 PM report to moderator
Owl_bookstoppers_thumb

MAGIC EXISTS!!! AHA! WE WERE ALL RIGHT- NOT JUST CRAZY!!!
HHHAAAAAAAAHHHAAAAAA!
I hope she makes a speedy recovery!!!! Healing Spelll!!!

Posted by Hermione Weasley on January 19, 2011, 06:37 PM report to moderator
36051_169251979755516_114302268583821_590721_1732889_n_small_thumb

Welcome to the world of Harry Potter Mrs. Griffords. i hope you are well soon

Posted by Sarah10248 *ROAR* on January 19, 2011, 06:57 PM report to moderator
Snape_icons_collage_thumb

Get well soon Ms. Giffords! Hope the Harry Potter helps! All the best~

Posted by jhlovesmusic {^HISS^} on January 19, 2011, 08:18 PM report to moderator
Snape_icons_collage_thumb

@Hermione Weasley LOL :D So glad, so glad…

Posted by jhlovesmusic {^HISS^} on January 19, 2011, 08:19 PM report to moderator
Keep_calm_hrh2_thumb

Okay, that’s awesome. God bless her and all the victims of that senseless attack, and I pray for the healing of all who were affected.

Posted by tinagin [ROAR]! on January 19, 2011, 08:53 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

Get well, Ms Gifford! I hope she enjoys HP as much as we do!

Posted by Fresca ROAR on January 19, 2011, 09:38 PM report to moderator

It is so incredible that she is making a recovery! XD
The magic strikes again <3 I am so glad that Harry has been part of the healing process! XD
Get well soon!

Posted by ExpectoPatronum512 on January 19, 2011, 09:49 PM report to moderator

Malfoy started taking pictures with an imaginary camera and did a cruel but accurate impression of Colin: "'Potter, can I have your picture, Potter? Can I have your autograph? Can I lick your shoes, please, Potter?'"