Congresswoman Giffords Looking at Pages of Harry Potter as Part of Recovery

Books
Posted by: Rosi
January 19, 2011, 06:31 AM

A New York Times article about the recovery of the critically injured U.S. Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords revealed that Congresswoman Giffords has begun to show some impressive signs of progress, including looking at "pages of large-print text taken from a Harry Potter book".

Ms. Giffords was one of the victims of a shooting near Tucson, Arizona just under a fortnight ago in which six people were killed and another thirteen injured.

Thanks for the heads up Hank!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Books News

wow! that’s great! I saw the news on CNN but I never knew hp could get involved in something like this!

Posted by radishraven...WBM on January 19, 2011, 06:39 AM report to moderator

That’s really sweet! Its nice to see HP actually physically healing someone with their life :)

Posted by A Sluggish Memory on January 19, 2011, 07:00 AM report to moderator
423928_2979823569581_1081661667_32966780_333709726_n_thumb

See, this book is really magical, welcome to our world Ms. Giffords! :D

Posted by Gene *ROAR* on January 19, 2011, 07:02 AM report to moderator
13635_196007790588_520620588_4407705_7739899_n_thumb

It’s great that they use Harry Potter books to help aid in healing and recovery!

Posted by Rosie016 on January 19, 2011, 08:31 AM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

That is so awesome :) It should help a lot. :D

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on January 19, 2011, 08:50 AM report to moderator
Blast-ended_skrewt_thumb

This is a really good sign, since the surgeons recently had to reconstruct her eye sockets, which were damaged in the attack.

Posted by Professor Skrewt, OoM4, SM on January 19, 2011, 09:02 AM report to moderator
Img_7524_thumb

This is wonderful! I’m glad Congresswoman Giffords is making progress, and I’m glad Harry is there to help her!

Posted by RavenclawDancer on January 19, 2011, 09:13 AM report to moderator
282337_f260_thumb

get well miss giffords. reading harry potter? I also read deathly hallows when staying in the hospital last year

Posted by PensievePlotter on January 19, 2011, 09:14 AM report to moderator

thats so good…

Posted by Mew5645 on January 19, 2011, 09:29 AM report to moderator
Harry_-_the_forest_again_thumb

Harry is healing……….. Get well soon Congresswoman Giffords !

Posted by Hinkypunkmum on January 19, 2011, 09:34 AM report to moderator

HP has been a big part of my journey with a serious chronic illness that struck me in 2001. He’s helped me through very dark times. Yes, Harry is healing! I can’t imagine ever putting the books down for good. :)

Posted by M.Y. on January 19, 2011, 10:07 AM report to moderator
Neville_god_pic_thumb

I can’t believe she got shot! She seems to be such a nice woman. Get well soon, Congresswoman Giffords, and thank you for reading Harry Potter!

Posted by Tanderule on January 19, 2011, 10:24 AM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

Yes, get well soon (a wish from the other side of the pond).

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on January 19, 2011, 11:02 AM report to moderator
Hp_buddyicons_caught_bellamlfy_96x96_129322477441953550_thumb

I think all hospitals should keep HP in store…while I was in the hospital last year/2 years ago, I kept having to ask my mom to bring up my books because I had nothing to do but sit there all day and read and it might just be me, but they did make me feel a lot better :) Get Well Soon Congresswoman Giffords

Posted by HalfBloodPrincesss (Jenna Evans) on January 19, 2011, 12:35 PM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Yeah that’s the magic of Harry Potter. Hope she improves quickly. All the best

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on January 19, 2011, 12:37 PM report to moderator

"I reckon it's time you ordered a new broom, Harry. There's an order form at the back of [i]Which Broomstick...[/i] you could get a Nimbus Two Thousand and One, like Malfoy's got."[br]"I'm not buying anything Malfoy thinks is good," said Harry flatly.