Report: Alteration Made to Snape Death Scene in "Deathly Hallows," Says Art Director

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
January 18, 2011, 12:44 PM

An interview with the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" art director, Andrew Ackland-Snow, has revealed a bit of curious information from the forthcoming conclusion to final part of the Harry Potter film series.  This information, which is being reported in Cine Premiere Mexico, is quite spoiler-rific and details the death sequence of Severus Snape (portrayed by actor Alan Rickman) in the final film.  If you wish to find out this J. K. Rowling approved change, read below.

Last spoiler warning!

Cine Premiere Mexico reports:
"We wanted to change a bit where Snape dies. In the book, he dies on the Shrieking Shack, and we wanted to get him out from, not a conventional interior, but from that kind of box, to do it in a more dramatic atmosphere. We asked J.K. if she agreed for that to happen in there, because we hadn't really seen it before. We made a crystal house, and you can see what happens in the boat house from there - Are you listening Harry? -, but also the school is in flames...and she loved it. Besides, it's a very romantic place to die. Snape dies in a extremely good way, I gotta say."
"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" arrives in theaters this July.

Thanks to HPANA for the heads up.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

ok, im very confused…but jo said it was fine!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on January 23, 2011, 03:09 PM report to moderator
Without_you__snape_face_shot__copy_thumb

Hmm… I don’t know… I am definitely not against it, but at the same time I don’t understand how it will be anymore dramatic then it was in the Shrieking Shack. I mean, I understand that the Shrieking Shack will probably give his death a slightly “spooky” feel I guess you would say, and the crystal box thing would make it more romantic, but either way I don’t think the scene will be any more dramatic. But my biggest question is, where did the big crystal box from? Anyway, I will admit I am disappointed that they are changing the place in which he dies, but as long as the scene is as long and dramatic as it should be I guess I’m ok with it…

Posted by Questyourdreams on January 24, 2011, 06:57 PM report to moderator
Daniel-radcliff-how-to-succeed1-240x300_normal_thumb

they always have to change something!
why?

Posted by HalfbloodPrince08 on January 25, 2011, 11:51 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

as always if it looks beautiful and visually poetic I’m always for it. Use the film art form for God sake and don’t just churn out a literal adaptation. Like everyone else I am hoping the emphasis on Harry’s eyes are in there, I mean come on! It’s mentioned practically every film they need to sow this into the importance of the overall plot

Posted by KiwiMcI on January 25, 2011, 06:08 PM report to moderator

Yeah, I think it would work. But I hope they don’t change too much. It’s more than good enough like it is. But the scene where Voldemort ask Harry “Why do you live?” in the tower, what is that all about? I’ve seen the trailer, but why would they have the scene when it’s not even close of the book?..

Posted by Chantii on January 27, 2011, 09:58 AM report to moderator
Cute_farm_shelb_and_rew_thumb

I’m exited for it as long as it’s J.K. approved! Although I’m not sure what a crystal house would be doing on hogwarts grounds…

Posted by Cat de la Creme on January 30, 2011, 11:56 PM report to moderator
31940_1368188618153_1634826053_846764_2109138_n_thumb

Whyyyyy do you have to change something? Well anyway, he deserves to die in a hmm.. dramatic way.

Posted by potternotrotter on February 05, 2011, 12:41 AM report to moderator
2ef6qsp_thumb

i would have like it better if the death had stayed the same just sayin’

Posted by harry fan 7 on April 24, 2011, 02:33 PM report to moderator
Sophia_sapience_thumb

Meh! I don’t want Snape to die!

Posted by Ravenclaw_Seeker_{WBM}™ on May 16, 2011, 10:28 PM report to moderator

"You don't get it, Hermione, do you?" said Fred, smiling at her. "We don't care about staying anymore. We'd walk out right now if we weren't determined to do our bit for Dumbledore first. So anyway," he checked his watch, "phase one is about to begin."