"Deathly Hallows: Part 1" Tale of the Three Brothers Concept Art Released

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
January 17, 2011, 10:55 PM

A collection of concept art of the much talked about Tale of the Three Brothers sequence of the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" film has been released on the blog of the sequence's artist, Alexis Liddell.  Thanks to Alex, we have the full collection of artwork available for viewing right here.  With over 78 images, the collection shows the process of designing and illustrating the sequence, as well as gives us a close-up glimpse at the different characters, figures, and settings shown in the film.  Of particular note are the full drawings of the brothers, Death, the elder tree, and some very early concept drawings.

Many thanks to Alex from Hogwartsite.net for mailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Picture_057_thumb

awesome sequence.

Posted by abandonedboyjon on January 17, 2011, 10:59 PM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

I loved the sequence. These pictures were amazing

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on January 17, 2011, 11:18 PM report to moderator
Pheonix2_thumb

Definitely neat to see the beginnings of this incredible sequence.

Posted by Liderc on January 18, 2011, 12:22 AM report to moderator
Harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-20070328093850961_thumb

Very interesting; I love behind the scenes releases for the films.

Posted by Bless_the_children on January 18, 2011, 02:24 AM report to moderator

I liked all of them; reminded me a bit of Tim Burton.

Posted by halfmoonspectacles on January 18, 2011, 02:43 AM report to moderator
Umbridge_text_avps_by_kimsta192-d2zmopx_thumb

such a great scene

Posted by umbridgetexter on January 18, 2011, 02:57 AM report to moderator
2013-07-19_113504_thumb

I really enjoyed this part of the movie, it was nice to see something so imaginative come to life in such a different way from the movie.

Posted by Want to be a Weasley on January 18, 2011, 08:54 AM report to moderator

My absolute favorite part of DH1!

Posted by Little Deatheater on January 18, 2011, 08:57 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

That was a very cool and creative part.

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on January 18, 2011, 09:16 AM report to moderator
3106762989_1_7_lisbs0hy_thumb
I loved the sequence, but I would have preferred it in an older style.
Posted by CDR on January 18, 2011, 11:06 AM report to moderator
423928_2979823569581_1081661667_32966780_333709726_n_thumb

I must say the animation is fantastic, absolutely fits into the story.

Posted by Gene *ROAR* on January 18, 2011, 11:40 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

God,I love it! beautiful art! it was apsolutely fantastic! I wish they’d make all Beedles tales!

Posted by Matea on January 18, 2011, 12:07 PM report to moderator

I agree with Want to be a Weasley – this was one of my favorite parts of the movie. I wondered how they would bring it to life, and they did a marvelous job. Thanks for the lovely pictures!

Posted by PWilly on January 18, 2011, 01:08 PM report to moderator

I really liked how they presented the Tale of the Three Brothers!

Posted by Noble Birth Descending on January 18, 2011, 01:53 PM report to moderator
Herbdcdr_thumb

This is some of the most evocative art that I have ever seen (and I’ve seen a lot)! It’s as if Javanese shadow puppets met Icabod Crane. Beautiful and powerful work!

Posted by SproutMdme (OoM4,GS,CW) on January 18, 2011, 02:28 PM report to moderator

"Bong-sewer," said Hagrid, beaming at [Maxime], and holding out a hand to help her down the golden steps.