Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 71 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
September 09, 2010, 07:44 PM

There are now only 71 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film. Here are quotes for today and yesterday!

"Arthur," Harry interrupted, "you know you're being tracked, don't you?"
"Is that a threat, Runcorn?" said Mr. Weasley loudly.
"No," said Harry. "It's a fact! They're watching your every move --"
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "The Muggle-Born Registration Commission"

"We'll go somewhere more sheltered," she agreed, shivering as she pulled on a sweatshirt over her pajamas. "I kept thinking I could hear people moving outside. I even thought I saw somebody once or twice."
- Hermione Granger
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "The Silver Doe"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Actual_kurt_hummel_thumb

Love the quotes!! x)

Posted by Gryffindor_Girl_xx {ROAR!!} on September 10, 2010, 03:17 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

wish she would have known it was ron

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on September 10, 2010, 03:50 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

Love the quotes!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on September 10, 2010, 04:27 AM report to moderator
Harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-20070328093850961_thumb

I really enjoyed the ministry break-in and the Gringotts heist, they had my heart literally racing. If you really look at the plans, they are not well-thought out, and no thought is given to what they should do if separated, discovered, injured or even captured. But, our trio is so brave and resourcful they manage to pull it off.
Accio Deathly Hallow movie! – only 68.5 days :)

Posted by Bless_the_children on September 10, 2010, 06:29 AM report to moderator

I loved that part because Harry wasn’t used to be talked to like that by a Weasly especially Mr. Weasley and in the second one I love how close Ron is but not able to find them and Silvery Doe : I get what you mean I hate that to because wouldnt’ someone else be able to hear them?

Posted by DancewithaGinger on September 10, 2010, 07:04 AM report to moderator
Dsc02812__2__thumb

I loved the interchange with Harry (as Runcorn) & Arthur in the ministry. Over & over Harry makes me love him more. Struggling to stay “in character” he still must do everything he can to protect those he loves.

Posted by Lillylove on September 10, 2010, 08:35 AM report to moderator

I like how Jo describes how fear works and how you can change it with just a little courage. Oterhwise it’s an vivious circle because there won’t be anyone who will help you. Everybody should help people next to him and not only people on the other end of the world (with money or protest).

Posted by ginnyshiel on September 10, 2010, 08:38 AM report to moderator

Posted by ginnyshiel on September 10, 2010, 08:38 AM report to moderator

These are great quotes! I had to think on the first one for a minute, because Harry is calling Mr. Weasley by his first name, but I reread it & understood what scene it was.
Hermione’s hopelessness & wanting to move away from that site, missing Ron, when it was Ron looking for them. So touching.

Posted by Dawna on September 10, 2010, 09:05 AM report to moderator
Sales_calendars_2011_042_thumb

that second quote,,,,, it was Ron that Hermione heard and saw,,,,,“silver doe” is my favourite chapter,,,,,,,

Posted by hermy on September 10, 2010, 09:36 AM report to moderator
0322091528_thumb

I hope the quote about the elevator scene with Mr Weasley and Harry as Runcorn is in the movie. It’s such a powerful part.

Posted by taoist1 on September 10, 2010, 09:47 AM report to moderator

@skybones yeah that’s so weird seeing a weasley (besides percy) without a smile on their face!

Posted by nimbus2010 on September 10, 2010, 11:55 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter__hbp_promo__3_thumb

YAHA!!! Can’t wait anymore!!!!

Posted by forgetmenot_007 on September 10, 2010, 12:42 PM report to moderator
13635_196007790588_520620588_4407705_7739899_n_thumb

I just read this part in the book! Hurray, these days are going by quick, seems like yesterday was the 100 days left countdown!

Posted by Rosie016 on September 10, 2010, 02:19 PM report to moderator
Mr_bean__thumb

Posted by hermionenluna TZS ROAR! on September 10, 2010, 03:34 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"You can open it if you like," said Harry, "but I'll hear what it says anyway. That's a Howler."[br]"Let go of it, Petunia!" roared Uncle Vernon. "Don't touch it, it could be dangerous!"[br]"It's addressed to me," said Aunt Petunia in a shaking voice.