The Oprah Winfrey Show Looking for Harry Potter Fans

Fans
Posted by: Rosi
September 08, 2010, 07:33 PM

The Oprah Show is searching for Harry Potter fans willing to appear on the programme to talk about how J.K. Rowling and the Harry Potter series has inspired them or their family. A short description on the application to appear on the show reads as follows:

Are you or your children obsessed with the Harry Potter series? Have you read all the books and seen all the movies multiple times? How has the series helped you bond with your children or parents? Has J.K.'s rags to riches journey as a single mother-turned-billionaire inspired you? Has her story motivated you to write, start your own business or try something you've only dreamed about before?
What life lessons has the Harry Potter series taught you? Did reading about the death of Harry's parents helped you cope with loss in your own life? Have the books helped you escape from a difficult time in your own life? If you could ask J.K. Rowling a question, what would it be?
Read the full description and write in to the programme at this link on the Oprah website. There is currently no indication of when this episode will air.

Many thanks to our friends at MuggleNet for the heads up!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

If they want questions for Jo does that mean they’ll be having her on the show? Do you know what, I’ve thought for a while that if they are (or if anybody is going to interview her), Leaky should really interview her FIRST, because nobody has really asked her serious questions for a couple of years. And wouldn’t the best people to do that be people who are really, genuinely invested in the books themselves, rather than “oh what a lovely phenomenon this is it will make money”…?

I do like Oprah though, I’ll watch it whenever it airs. :)

Posted by Libby on September 09, 2010, 07:17 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_la728bk7bd1qa7e4eo1_500_thumb

yay someone appreciates the fans!!!! lets hope twilighters dont get on Oprah

Posted by Mz.George Weasley on September 09, 2010, 07:39 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

Does anyone know when the deadline is?

Posted by siriuslyamanda on September 09, 2010, 08:31 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lsmfflgdix1r2dfmyo4_500_thumb

so cool! i want to be in the audience XD

Posted by ceweez on September 10, 2010, 02:41 AM report to moderator

OMG, I have waited for this almost all of my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D I’ve been sending her tons of emails to do this show and I can’t believe that she’s finally doing it!!!! :) I’m definitely going to send her my story!!!! ;)
Leaky, THANK YOU SO MUCH for telling me about this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :*

Posted by hp-fan (Roar!) on September 10, 2010, 05:15 AM report to moderator
Th_harry-and-ginny--x-x-x-_thumb

if i sould ask J.K one question it would be: how did harry propose to ginny??

Posted by DanielBonnie28 on September 10, 2010, 12:08 PM report to moderator
Th_harry-and-ginny--x-x-x-_thumb

would*

Posted by DanielBonnie28 on September 10, 2010, 12:09 PM report to moderator
315475_491136950901884_1807119504_n_thumb

thats really cool ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! :D

Posted by athena lupin on September 10, 2010, 10:10 PM report to moderator

@DanielBonnie28 — YES! I’d love to know the answer to that.

I’d like to know more about how Lupin spent the years between 3 and 7 — did he have Wolfsbane, how did the underground operations go, what exactly happened with Tonks… I don’t think I’m ever going to get my questions answered, lol.

Posted by Libby on September 10, 2010, 10:16 PM report to moderator
Alg_harry_potter_deathly_hallows_thumb

Soooo upset. I wanted to send in my story so I worked really hard on it especially since they didn’t really have a deadline listed. By the time I went to send it it was too late.

Posted by Let.it.be*Roar* on September 10, 2010, 10:44 PM report to moderator
354970789b_thumb

@DanielBonnie28 I’d love to know the answer to that too. I have a feeling Ginny asked him, i don’t think she’s the type of girl to wait for him to ask.

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on September 11, 2010, 02:23 AM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

Let’s see … do I have a question for Jo? Uh, YEAH!!! Loads. :o)

9387883_csua9n9y_c_thumb

Oh that is totally cool! how can i not live in american with an opportunity like this!

Posted by Snunkiebrian (Gold Marauder46) on September 11, 2010, 05:53 PM report to moderator
Copy_of_20091106125430dumbledore_thumb
2059 Points

I’m willing to be interviewed…Oprah here I come!!

Posted by ♫Dumbledore'sApprentice♫ on September 12, 2010, 01:05 AM report to moderator
Copy_of_20091106125430dumbledore_thumb
2059 Points

I’m willing to be interviewed…Oprah here I come!!!

Posted by ♫Dumbledore'sApprentice♫ on September 12, 2010, 01:16 AM report to moderator

And what were Ron and Hermione busy with? Why wasn't he, Harry, busy? Hadn't he proved himself capable of handling much more than they? Had they all forgotten what he had done? Hadn't it been [i]he[/i] who had entered that graveyard and watched Cedric bei