The Oprah Winfrey Show Looking for Harry Potter Fans

Fans
Posted by: Rosi
September 08, 2010, 07:33 PM

The Oprah Show is searching for Harry Potter fans willing to appear on the programme to talk about how J.K. Rowling and the Harry Potter series has inspired them or their family. A short description on the application to appear on the show reads as follows:

Are you or your children obsessed with the Harry Potter series? Have you read all the books and seen all the movies multiple times? How has the series helped you bond with your children or parents? Has J.K.'s rags to riches journey as a single mother-turned-billionaire inspired you? Has her story motivated you to write, start your own business or try something you've only dreamed about before?
What life lessons has the Harry Potter series taught you? Did reading about the death of Harry's parents helped you cope with loss in your own life? Have the books helped you escape from a difficult time in your own life? If you could ask J.K. Rowling a question, what would it be?
Read the full description and write in to the programme at this link on the Oprah website. There is currently no indication of when this episode will air.

Many thanks to our friends at MuggleNet for the heads up!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

i definitley will try

Posted by nimbus2010 on September 09, 2010, 10:39 AM report to moderator
Bneerhsg_thumb

OMG this is awesome! I’m definately gonna try!

Posted by AlecsWeasley on September 09, 2010, 11:36 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

can’t wait for that episode! I would love to share my story,but I’m too far away from Chicago :( I really hope she’ll have Jo as guest!
but maybe I should share my story anyway:)

Posted by Matea on September 09, 2010, 12:12 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

yep,did it. but God, 2000 characters weren’t enough XD. In the end,half of what I wanted to say was deleted.

Posted by Matea on September 09, 2010, 01:38 PM report to moderator
Http_3a_2f_2f24

wow awesome :-))

Posted by Emmaria on September 09, 2010, 01:43 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb
I agree with TurquoiseRose. I hope the winner will point out how much good the fandom has done, and how much JKR has given to help charities around the world.
Posted by Fresca ROAR on September 09, 2010, 02:11 PM report to moderator
Gatinho_thumb

I think that all of us who are not going to enter for ourselves or our children should write them about Melissa, Frak, John and Sue. Tell them how special these guys are and how much they have done for the fandom! :) I can’t wait to watch this show… It is going to be awesome! I hope Oprah brings Jo on too!!!! :D

Posted by Carol Carvalho on September 09, 2010, 02:20 PM report to moderator
Draco_malfoy_icon

It´s AMAZING!!!
But well…I don´t like in America, so I can´t do it, but if I lived there I would´ve asked my parents if I could do it…oh, well good luck to all american HP fans!!:)

Posted by jessyginny on September 09, 2010, 02:25 PM report to moderator
Trio_poster_thumb

Good luck to anyone on this… :)

Posted by Petra on September 09, 2010, 02:35 PM report to moderator
Trio_poster_thumb

*everyone.. lol…

Posted by Petra on September 09, 2010, 02:36 PM report to moderator
Rupert_grint-cherrybomb_thumb

I would give my left arm to be on this show.

Posted by hallowedhearts on September 09, 2010, 03:41 PM report to moderator
Hni_0022_thumb

Thats Great!!!!
Definitely going to enter :D

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on September 09, 2010, 04:33 PM report to moderator
Hni_0001_jpg_thumb

i so wanna go! o well =\ (Stupid Nieves)

Posted by LuNa~ROAR~ on September 09, 2010, 04:54 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Wish I could!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on September 09, 2010, 06:13 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

Tell us what the prizes will be.

Posted by Girlraven1 on September 09, 2010, 07:10 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"HELLO? HELLO? CAN YOU HEAR ME? I -- WANT -- TO -- TALK -- TO -- HARRY -- POTTER!"[br]Ron was yelling so loudly that Uncle Vernon jumped and held the receiver a foot away from his ear, staring at it with an expression of mingled fury and alarm.