Read The Hunger Games with Jo's Book Nook

LeakyLounge
Posted by: Rosi
September 06, 2010, 12:56 AM

This month, join Jo's Book Nook - our non Harry Potter book club at the Leaky Lounge - in reading The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. The Book Nook invites you to take part in reading all three books in the Hunger Games series: The Hunger Games, Catching Fire and the recently released Mockingjay.

You can take part at the Leaky Lounge, right here; Jo's Book Nook will be reading The Hunger Games until the 2nd of October.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent LeakyLounge News

Magic_thumb

(up coming opinions everyone, hold on to your socks…) The first book is amazing. Plain and simple, wonderous writing skills at thier best. Until the second book. IMO, even better than the first. Very richly detailed, and very dark.

BUT

I would recommend, after reading Mockingjay, to stop at the second book. Though you will want to continue to the end, be prepared for disappointment. I’ve spoken to many others who have read all three books, and though a small number were satisfied with the ending, the majority (myself included) were utterly disappointed with Suzanne Collins’ execution and conclusion to the fantastic trio. Highly recommend Hunger Games and Catching Fire, but am regretting reading Mockingjay.

Fair warning to all, hopefully you’ll get more out of it than I did!
Happy reading!

Posted by Skye-Walker {=WBM=} on September 06, 2010, 02:56 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

AMAZING!!!! my friends were just nagging me to read them and now im half way though the first!!!!!!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on September 06, 2010, 04:22 PM report to moderator
Believe_in_yourself_thumb

I’ve just finished Catching Fire (the 2nd book). I think the first two books are great. Because I’ve read them in Dutch, I’m waiting for the third book to come out in Dutch as well (end of november, so a few months to go).
Thanks for your advice, Skye-Walker, but as you realize, it would be very hard to follow. At least, I’m warned, and I won’t get my expectations up too high.

Posted by Tarana on September 06, 2010, 05:43 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-stars_thumb

don’t think i’ll be able to participate in the book nook, but i might just have to check out the books on my own!

Posted by harrygetsme on September 06, 2010, 05:58 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

hmmm interesting, never knew it would come so highly recommended to be on my reading list. I’ve heard of a movie adaptation I think and I’m pretty sure I stupidly passed it off as a Jack Ryan thriller. Well this sounds good, I’d give it a bash someday

Posted by KiwiMcI on September 06, 2010, 09:33 PM report to moderator

Wow I happened to pick up the Hunger Games (after alex day nerimon on youtube said how great it was) and I love it! Yes I’m only 1 chapter in, but so far it’s really good. I have tons of reading to do for school but I want to read fun stuff too.

Posted by chayishurr on September 06, 2010, 10:23 PM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

sounds gud.. thanks butterbeer bottle..:)

Posted by beautiful_hermione on September 07, 2010, 03:00 AM report to moderator

never heard of it put i think i will give it a go…. once i have read all my other books lol

Posted by Beksey_S on September 07, 2010, 03:44 AM report to moderator
I-quote_hogwarts0144_thumb

Oh, definitely one of my favourite series……… Amazing, and so powerful. Also, though there’s the romance and love triangle, it doesn’t become the only thing the books are about, but rather shifts to the background as the more important, forceful messages about society and war and loss etc come forward. Hey, I cried at the end of the last one. Enjoy reading it!

Posted by BewareoftheNargles {WBM} on September 07, 2010, 02:35 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

These are AMAZING books! My second favourite series!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on September 07, 2010, 03:43 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

These are AMAZING books! My second favourite series!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on September 07, 2010, 03:43 PM report to moderator
Frangipani_flowers_thumb

Just finished Mockingjay a few hours ago! Oh I love this series so much!

Posted by gingersnape on September 08, 2010, 04:55 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

De book nook!

Posted by Won_Two on September 10, 2010, 12:29 AM report to moderator
Pleasures_thumb

These books are really good especially Hunger Games and Catching Fire. Mockingjay was nothing at all like I expected but I still enjoyed it.

Posted by melloncollie on September 10, 2010, 04:44 PM report to moderator

Excellent choice! The trilogy is one of my favorites!!!

Posted by ElphabaROCKS on September 19, 2010, 11:13 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

Harry looked between them, then said, "Mrs. Weasley, you didn't believe that rubbish Rita Skeeter wrote in [i]Witch Weekly,[/i] did you? Because Hermione's not my girlfriend."[br]"Oh!" said Mrs. Weasley. "No -- of course I didn't!"[br]But she became consi