Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 74 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
September 06, 2010, 03:08 PM

There are now only 74 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film. Here is today's quote!

"The little ball of light was hovering there, waiting for me, and when I came out it bobbed along a bit and I followed it behind the shed and then it . . . well, it went inside me."
     - Ron Weasley
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "The Silver Doe"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

A_mouse_digital_painting__anahita_____the_other_me___by_aty_s_behsam-d5p8l5n_thumb
  • flaws
Posted by Maxtina Potter (Aty) on September 06, 2010, 04:56 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

Thanks for the funny, but true comment, Maxtina Potter! I thought Bella was way too mopey and full of herself in a sense to be a good herione. Hermione on the other hand is a character who is more independent. She missed Ron terribly, but still kept on helping Harry. WIse old Dumbledore hardly interacted much with Hermione or Ron, but he knew them well just the same. A good quote!

Posted by Fresca ROAR on September 06, 2010, 05:04 PM report to moderator
41483_1763995488_9057_q_thumb

@ SlyBones That was such a tender moment. It certainly got my tears flowing.

Posted by Silvery Doe on September 06, 2010, 05:09 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mvvctnikjv1qcanm1o1_r1_250_1__thumb

Ever since maybe the second or third book i was always waiting for Ron to go and do something stupid like leaving Harry and Hermione when they needed him most, it was just a given, so i wasn’t surprised when he stormed off in DH…

Posted by MJB™ on September 06, 2010, 05:14 PM report to moderator
41483_1763995488_9057_q_thumb

@ Maxtina Potter I’m a big Twilight Fan but I really do agree with you. The characters in the Twilight Saga are stagnate, predictable and all have a happy ending (for the most part). Whereas the HP series incorporates dynamic, unpredictable characters who aren’t guaranteed a happy ending.

Posted by Silvery Doe on September 06, 2010, 05:16 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-stars_thumb

one of my favorite chapters in DH

Posted by harrygetsme on September 06, 2010, 05:29 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

wise old albus knew he would flee

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on September 06, 2010, 05:51 PM report to moderator
Luna_lovegood_oots_style_by_mcsquared42_thumb

I love how all the characters have their faults and make mistakes. Even Dumbledore. I hated Ron for leaving Hermione and Harry, but of coarse he came back! :D Why does November have to be so far away?

Posted by ❀ Jay K. Elle ❀ on September 06, 2010, 06:11 PM report to moderator
The_magic_is_gone_thumb

I love that part!

Posted by iButterbeer on September 06, 2010, 06:25 PM report to moderator
My_quote1_thumb

I love how Ron sounds so young in this quote and it brings me back to when they were younger. Although I love every days new quote I don’t think that I can wait until November.

Posted by thundermountain7*Roar* on September 06, 2010, 06:58 PM report to moderator
Thriller_thumb

Aw… I loved that part… especially because he wanted to come back as soon as he left. :)

Posted by findthefourth on September 06, 2010, 07:34 PM report to moderator
Hni_0022_thumb

I really liked this part of the book … :)

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on September 06, 2010, 07:40 PM report to moderator
Diagon_thumb

Ah love it! I was really shocked when Ron left, I didn’t think he would because the trio had been so solid most of the time but I always hoped he would reappear, and when he saved Harry, oh it was amazing! Dumbledore’s a smart one ;) I think it’s great that Jo made the characters so realistic, not many 18 year olds would be able to cope either and she brings across that realness so well.

Posted by Sigourney♥ on September 06, 2010, 07:44 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_loxhxnpc7a1qjbryso1_r1_500_large_thumb

This one of my favorite parts in the book, Hermione was so angry at him. And I love how Dumbledore knew he might leave them and then want to find them.

Posted by MissingHedwig on September 06, 2010, 08:21 PM report to moderator
30075_1446673856338_1517921388_1139345_2944379_n_thumb

This my Fav. Chapter

Posted by Weasleykins on September 06, 2010, 08:24 PM report to moderator

Aunt Petunia's masterpiece of a pudding, the mountain of cream and sugared violets, was floating up near the ceiling. On top of a cupboard in the corner crouched Dobby.[br]"No," croaked Harry. "Please... they'll kill me...."