Trio Featured with Favourite Books on Three New ALA READ Posters (Updated)

Products
Posted by: Rosi
September 30, 2010, 07:43 PM

The American Library Association (ALA) has issued three new posters as part of its READ campaign, featuring Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter), Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) and Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley). Update: You can have a closer look at the posters right here in our galleries. The posters can be pre-ordered as a set for 15% off list price $40 and are only available at this price until the 15th of October. Pre-orders will begin fulfillment on the 18th of October, at which point all three posters will be available for individual sale.

The actors are pictured in previously unseen photos with their favourite books; Radcliffe is shown with Mikhail Bulgakov's The Master and Margarita, Watson with William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet and Grint with Anthony Burgess' A Clockwork Orange. The posters measure 22" x 34". Find more details and pre-order the set of posters at this link.

In related news, the ALA Graphics Facebook Fan Page is running a trivia contest to win the new posters, as well as the chance to win a "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" film poster, compliments of Warner Bros. Those interested should check the Facebook Page daily from now until the 15th of October--the first person to correctly answer to the trivia question each day wins!

Many thanks to the helpful librarian who goes by the name of Lovegood for emailing in!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Products News

0322091528_thumb

@danahuff – thanks, any others?

Posted by taoist1 on October 01, 2010, 10:02 AM report to moderator
98143829_thumb
1910 Points

Romeo and Juliet wow I love it!!!

Posted by Jane_Potter on October 01, 2010, 11:25 AM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

It is wonderful how this lot consistently signs on to do good work – like promoting reading – with their fame.

Posted by 2tal - SpiritMagic174 on October 01, 2010, 11:35 AM report to moderator
Eeyorescrollsparky_thumb

Ew, A Clockwork Orange? I saw the movie a long time ago and it still gives me the creeps. I’ve never wanted to read the book. Is the movie a lot different than the book? Anyway, I find that a very disturbing choice.

(I still have the ALA poster of Alan Rickman, that I bought a few years back.)

Posted by Eeyore on October 01, 2010, 11:43 AM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

How do we know that these titles are really their favorites and not something that was shoved into their hands when they turned up for the photo shoot?

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on October 01, 2010, 12:09 PM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2010-11-20_at_12

The posters are pretty awesome, but Rupert looked a little funny in his.

Posted by SlyBones on October 01, 2010, 02:06 PM report to moderator

That’s not too bad a price – it’s $40 for the set. So each 22×34 poster is $13.33.

@weenyowl – per the ALA FAQ:

Who chooses the books that celebrities hold in READ posters?
A celebrity who signs on for the READ campaign can choose to hold any book of his or her choice, with the exception of self-authored titles. Celebrity READ posters promote the pleasure and importance of reading for children, teens, and adults. Some hold a classic, others a childhood favorite or something that has inspired them in their life.

How to order from outside the US is here:

Posted by znachki on October 01, 2010, 02:18 PM report to moderator

What great role models. Learning to love reading should start as early as humanly possible (right after being born) and continue as long as possible. I never learned to love reading, except magazines (short attention span) until HP came along. What a waste of the first 60 years of my life. My many thanks to JK Rowling!!!!!!!

Posted by hewy on October 01, 2010, 02:38 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

Really great posters!

Posted by Jacket on October 01, 2010, 06:28 PM report to moderator
2vbx3b5_thumb

I’m the same as you hewy. I’ve always had severe ADD/ADHD and mild OCD so reading just wasn’t feasible for me when I was younger. I read PS and COS when I was 12 for school, but never got into them or reading in general until I was about 20 and promised my cousin to read all of the HP books out at that time. I’ve been addicted to both HP and reading ever since! Rowling has opened up an endless world of reading to so many of us who without HP probably never would have picked up a single book for fun in our entire lives. I now read every single night before bed and through the love of reading HP has given me I’ve discovered so many other amazing books, but I still continue to read HP twice a year as well. Its truly amazing how much HP can impact a person’s entire life and personality.

Posted by bella vita on October 01, 2010, 07:31 PM report to moderator

$40? Can’t afford that on a poster…

Why am I not surprised by their book choices? :-)

Posted by ElphabaROCKS on October 01, 2010, 10:21 PM report to moderator
315475_491136950901884_1807119504_n_thumb

i think 40$ is a little to much

Posted by athena lupin on October 02, 2010, 12:44 AM report to moderator
315475_491136950901884_1807119504_n_thumb

i mean $40

Posted by athena lupin on October 02, 2010, 12:45 AM report to moderator
Spade_a_thumb

Looks like Emma has a great taste in literature. — I’m not saying that “A Clockwork Orange” isn’t an interesting and unique piece of work, but I’m totally in love with Shakespeare’s works.

Posted by Blutiful on October 02, 2010, 06:31 PM report to moderator

HAHAHA! I love that A Clockwork Orange is Rupert Grint’s favorite book. That’s awesome.

Posted by Bellatricksthestrange on October 02, 2010, 06:34 PM report to moderator

He stuck out his forearm and showed it to Fudge, who recoiled.[br]"There," said Snape harshly. "There. The Dark Mark.... Every Death Eater has the sign burned into him by the Dark Lord. It was a means of distinguishing one another, and his means of summon