Trio Featured with Favourite Books on Three New ALA READ Posters (Updated)

Products
Posted by: Rosi
September 30, 2010, 07:43 PM

The American Library Association (ALA) has issued three new posters as part of its READ campaign, featuring Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter), Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) and Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley). Update: You can have a closer look at the posters right here in our galleries. The posters can be pre-ordered as a set for 15% off list price $40 and are only available at this price until the 15th of October. Pre-orders will begin fulfillment on the 18th of October, at which point all three posters will be available for individual sale.

The actors are pictured in previously unseen photos with their favourite books; Radcliffe is shown with Mikhail Bulgakov's The Master and Margarita, Watson with William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet and Grint with Anthony Burgess' A Clockwork Orange. The posters measure 22" x 34". Find more details and pre-order the set of posters at this link.

In related news, the ALA Graphics Facebook Fan Page is running a trivia contest to win the new posters, as well as the chance to win a "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" film poster, compliments of Warner Bros. Those interested should check the Facebook Page daily from now until the 15th of October--the first person to correctly answer to the trivia question each day wins!

Many thanks to the helpful librarian who goes by the name of Lovegood for emailing in!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Products News

315475_491136950901884_1807119504_n_thumb

i would like to have the posters but $40 is to much

Posted by athena lupin on September 30, 2010, 10:59 PM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

So cool! I love their choices — all seem so unique and just as I imagined them. :o)

354970789b_thumb

Cool! I’ve never heard of The Master and Margarita, what’s it about?

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on October 01, 2010, 12:10 AM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

awesome! ive never heard of The Master and Magarita or A Clockwork Orange.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on October 01, 2010, 12:53 AM report to moderator
Swans_in_love_thumb
2062 Points

Emma Watson, you went with Shakespeare. And not just Shakespeare, but one of my top 5 all-time favorite Shakespeares. I love you even more now- you are my idol!!!!!!! :)

Posted by Alice Weasley{Weasley's Queen} [ROAR!] on October 01, 2010, 01:52 AM report to moderator
Halloween-purple-lovely-witch_thumb

wicked posters!!!!

Posted by purplewitch on October 01, 2010, 01:58 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Cool. I want those posters but those are a bit expensive

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on October 01, 2010, 02:35 AM report to moderator
Actual_kurt_hummel_thumb

Love the posters!!! I love Dan’s smile … but I haven’t read any of the books x) AND I want to order them but they’re too expensive for me x( Ah well, awesome pics, still!!! x)

Posted by Gryffindor_Girl_xx {ROAR!!} on October 01, 2010, 03:25 AM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

Vicki, The Master and Margarita, by Mikhail Bulgakov, is a fantasy novel/satire of the Stalin era in the old Soviet Union, in which the Devil visits Moscow. (The writer was a very brave man!) In part it’s an updating of the Faust legend, but there’s so much else in it too. It would be good if Dan inspires people to read it. I don’t think there has been a film (though I believe there was a Russian TV series). Athena, I agree, the posters do look rather dear, and I expect they’re only available in the US. I suppose they’re primarily meant to be bought by schools?

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on October 01, 2010, 03:29 AM report to moderator
Happy_thumb

Emma looks old, and Dan looks like a baboon in the posters.

Posted by Beatrice Jean Granger on October 01, 2010, 03:30 AM report to moderator
Littlel_thumb

Interesting, that’s another book by a russian that Dan likes. I remember he also liked Crime and Punishment by Dostoevsky, which was one of my favourites when I was younger. Good taste Dan. :) Also I’m sure it was him who said in one of the bonus dvd clips that the country he wanted to visit most was Russia.

Posted by littleL on October 01, 2010, 04:37 AM report to moderator
Ed-in-chief_thumb

Good choices!

Posted by chikitcorpuzvesterbaek on October 01, 2010, 04:46 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

I would love to have tis posters.

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on October 01, 2010, 04:59 AM report to moderator
Anime_thumb

I have seen it on facebook last night.

Posted by Susmita singh on October 01, 2010, 08:52 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Thats really good of them to promote reading!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on October 01, 2010, 09:03 AM report to moderator

"Harry," she said timidly, "don't you see? This... this is exactly why we need you... We need to know what it's r-really like... facing him... facing V-Voldemort."[br]It was the first time she had ever said Voldemort's name, and it was this, more than any

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014