J. K. Rowling Discusses Final Words of "Deathly Hallows" In New Clip from Oprah Interview

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
September 30, 2010, 06:47 PM

The official Harry Potter website on Scholastic.com has been updated with a preview clip from tomorrow's interview with Harry Potter J. K. Rowling on the Oprah Winfrey Show.  In the thirty-six second clip, Ms. Rowling discusses her decision to change the final word of the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows book from "scar" to "All was well."  You can watch this clip via this link.

Oprah's interview with J. K. Rowling is set to appear tomorrow, Friday, October 1, on the nationally syndicated program.  Stay close to Leaky for up to the minute updates as this interview airs.

Any readers able to capture the video, please do email us at staff@leakynews.com.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Eeyorescrollsparky_thumb

I loved the ending. I’m glad she changed her mind and didn’t feel tied to her first plan for the last word{s}.

Wish I could watch but I won’t be home for it. I hope it will be available on-line later of they will rerun it soon.

Posted by Eeyore on September 30, 2010, 09:49 PM report to moderator

It took me a few tries but I managed to see the video. Not any new information here, but I still want to see the whole show.

Posted by Ratorr on September 30, 2010, 10:19 PM report to moderator
315475_491136950901884_1807119504_n_thumb

does any one know when it is. I live in colorado if that helps

Posted by athena lupin on September 30, 2010, 11:01 PM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

Wow, I can’t wait to watch this!!!

354970789b_thumb

Can’t wait to see it! Does anyone know how long the interview will be?

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on October 01, 2010, 12:00 AM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

“The Oprah Winfrey Show” comes on at 4pm EST and last an hour. looking at the info for the show for today it only states tht Oprah will be in Scotland. It doesn’t mention any other guest. So a great part of her show (hopefully all of it) will be her talking with JK. I think If you’re in Colorado it would 2pm (but ck 4pm also). I’m so excited about the two of them getting together because they both are very charitable ladies who have come from rags to riches and both tear up at sensitive issues. I have Dish Netwk and can tape it while I’m at work. My remote may be the first thing I grab when I get home from work after my bowl of popcorn. OOOOHHHH I’M SOOOO EXCITED!

Posted by molly43 on October 01, 2010, 02:32 AM report to moderator
Hermione_96

i cant wait to see this but i won’t get home in time so it had better be on the internet fast

Posted by Alec wick. *ROAR* on October 01, 2010, 03:50 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

thanks!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on October 01, 2010, 04:55 AM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

short and sweet!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on October 01, 2010, 07:04 AM report to moderator
Imagescaoyiy8w_thumb

WOW I hope I get home in time to watch it!!! This was pretty cool though!!!

Posted by Mistic Willow on October 01, 2010, 08:01 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Awesome! Its today!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on October 01, 2010, 09:02 AM report to moderator

@athena lupen
I live near Denver and I show it on at 4pm and will be replayed at either midnight or 1am (can’t remember which). Hope this helps.

Posted by Ratorr on October 01, 2010, 11:39 AM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2010-11-20_at_12

_

Posted by SlyBones on October 01, 2010, 02:02 PM report to moderator

Ah, well, that explains a lot then. It makes you wonder what the original last sentence was. Hm….

Posted by ElphabaROCKS on October 01, 2010, 10:18 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

i still gotta watch this on the dvr

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on October 03, 2010, 10:06 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"You should've got more points on the second task," said Cedric mulishly. "You stayed behind to get all the hostages. I should've done that."[br]"I was the only one who was thick enough to take that song seriously!" said Harry bitterly. "Just take the cup