Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 53 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
September 28, 2010, 01:28 AM

There are now only 53 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film. Here is today's quote!

"It's in the dungeons," said Harry clearly. "You enter through the wall. It's full of skulls and stuff and it's under the lake, so the light's all green.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "Malfoy Manor"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

I’ll just echo everyone else here. Malfoy Manor was so intense reading it the 1st time. I remember I actually stopped reading half way through, put the book down and just stared at the front cover. I rang my friend to say I was too scared to read on cos I think Hermione is going to die. I didn’t want to keep reading because if I stopped she was still alive…

Looking back now- my God what a woose I am!! Of course Jo wasn’t going to kill her off. But in the lead up to DH- it felt like anyone was up for grabs

Posted by KiwiMcI on September 28, 2010, 12:29 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-20070328093850961_thumb

Those snatchers were awful. when Bellatrix casually defeated and decided to execute the whole group of snatchers, it really served as reminder of how totally depraved she is. Then add the torture of Hermione, the casual mutilation of Griphook, and finally the murder of poor little Dobby (sob), and I cannot help feeling she is only second to Voldemort himself in how evil she is. Hated her!

Posted by Bless_the_children on September 28, 2010, 12:29 PM report to moderator
Snapshot_20121213_2_thumb

It’s SO lucky he knew that … even if it didn’t help him x)

Posted by Gryffindor_Girl_xx {ROAR!!} on September 28, 2010, 12:42 PM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

Crazy-intense chapter. I could not imagine how they would escape. This will be uber-scary in the film, I’m sure.

Epjpegutil31_thumb

Great quote. That was one of the scariest parts in the whole book! Greyback had better be as frightening in the Deathly Hallows as he should be! I thought that his role was too minimal in the last movie.

Harry’s quick thinking bought them some time and made the Snatchers pause long enough to take them to Malfoy Manor. I was afraid when I first read it, that they might have killed one or more of the Trio right there.

Posted by Fresca ROAR on September 28, 2010, 01:19 PM report to moderator
For_your_consideration_thumb

Brilliant!!!!!:)

Posted by Harrypotterultrafan on September 28, 2010, 01:20 PM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

When I read DH this was the about the point when the story began to shift from despair to hopeful action. Yes, they are in a bad situation but somehow I felt the worst was past. The first half of the book felt like such very dark, stumbling, and unknown path. I admit reading up to this point made me feel quite sad; until Ron came back.

Posted by 2tal - SpiritMagic174 on September 28, 2010, 02:08 PM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_ootp2_007_thumb

I liked this chapter because Harry begans to really learn control; although he does not realize it. He has to keep himself in the present, look into He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named’s thought’s, and with help from Ron (who’s anguish I could feel for Hermione) subdue Wormtail. He also finally used the mirror that Sirius gave him; all I could think of was Dumbledore saying from Book 2, “help will always be given to those at Hogwart’s, who ask for it”.

Posted by TalyaJ on September 28, 2010, 03:22 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Slytherins!!!!

Posted by HP*JOSIAH*HP on September 28, 2010, 03:45 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

That was one of my favourite chpaters. next to Prince’s Tale that is. I love the intensity and action in the chapter. But that’s when Dobby…………

Wand_thumb

Scary part!!! Quick thinking on the part of Hermione!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on September 28, 2010, 05:52 PM report to moderator
41483_1763995488_9057_q_thumb

The description of the Slythlerin common room contributes greatly to the idea that J.K. unfairly demonized the Slytherins. I don’t know how much I agree with that idea but the description is pretty dark. It doesn’t leave much room for “good” Slytherins.

Posted by Silvery Doe on September 28, 2010, 07:35 PM report to moderator
Hni_0022_thumb

53 Days Left!! :D

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on September 28, 2010, 07:51 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

haha harry dominated that question

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on September 28, 2010, 09:13 PM report to moderator
Sales_calendars_2011_042_thumb

quick thinking,,

Posted by hermy on October 02, 2010, 05:38 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Oh, the Gurg -- means the chief."[br]"How could you tell which one was the Gurg?" asked Ron.[br]Hagrid grunted in amusement.[br]"No problem," he said. "He was the biggest, the ugliest, an' the laziest."