J.K. Rowling Wins Best Book-to-Flick and All-Time Fave at Teen Read Awards

Book Awards
Posted by: Rosi
September 28, 2010, 09:48 AM

Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling has won two awards at the first annual Teen Read Awards presented by Chapters Indigo Books & Music. Rowling received the Best Book-to-Flick award for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and Best All-Time Fave for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Lord Voldemort was also one of the nominees for the Best Villain award. While Rowling did not attend the event, the author wrote a letter thanking everyone who voted.

The event took place on Saturday evening in Toronto, Canada. Many thanks to Emily for emailing in!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Book Awards News

_r9kau7w_thumb

and rightly so! go jo! :)

Posted by Nealie Zealbie on September 28, 2010, 10:02 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

Direct quote from the letter perhaps?

Posted by KiwiMcI on September 28, 2010, 10:03 AM report to moderator
Morse_telegrapher_thumb

Well, in my book “Sorcerer’s Stone” tops the list of HP Book-to_Flick followed by “Chamber of Secrets”. HBP isn’t even close.

Posted by Phoenix1946 on September 28, 2010, 10:05 AM report to moderator
0322091528_thumb

Prisoner of Azkaban is still my favorite movie. I wish Tim Burton would have directed one of the movies. I would love to see his vision of the Hogwarts world.

Tennis anyone = davidantczak.com :)

Posted by taoist1 on September 28, 2010, 10:31 AM report to moderator

Tim Burton would’ve been interesting to see. They should’ve used him instead of one of the directors they used.

Congratulations Jo!

Posted by Ratorr on September 28, 2010, 11:07 AM report to moderator
Anime_thumb

Congrats Rowling.
Hp5 and 7 are my favourites.

Posted by Susmita singh on September 28, 2010, 11:10 AM report to moderator
Diagonalley_thumb

Go Jo, go Jo, go, go Jo!

Posted by devilskinn on September 28, 2010, 11:27 AM report to moderator

I really like the fact that Harry Potter won over Twilight in two of the categories XD

Posted by DaneM on September 28, 2010, 11:47 AM report to moderator
Harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-20070328093850961_thumb

I can’t really think of a better villain than Voldemort – maybe he comes in second to Hitler in my mind (even though they’re practically the same person).

Posted by Bless_the_children on September 28, 2010, 12:34 PM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

Congrats, Jo! I’m so excited for ye.

Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

CONGRATULATIONS JO! Well deserved.

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on September 28, 2010, 01:05 PM report to moderator
Actual_kurt_hummel_thumb

YAY! GO JO!! You really deserve it x)

Posted by Gryffindor_Girl_xx {ROAR!!} on September 28, 2010, 01:11 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

Great news! Jo is my favorite author, although PD James is pretty close. I am glad that Jo ’s work is being recognized. I think the HP stories will be read for a long, long time! I thought the ending of Half Blood Prince could have been a bit stronger, but liked the movie. I think that Deathly Hallows will surpass it easily though, as Warners are not going to cut out so much of the story.

Posted by Fresca ROAR on September 28, 2010, 01:11 PM report to moderator
For_your_consideration_thumb

Great news!!! :D
JK Rowling deserves all the praise:)

Posted by Harrypotterultrafan on September 28, 2010, 01:23 PM report to moderator
002_thumb

i like no.5 but noone else in my family does….. but i love them all and think they’re all amazing! Well done Jo!

Posted by Iris Lily™ on September 28, 2010, 01:28 PM report to moderator

Quite a few people screamed. A giant spider, six feet tall and covered in hair, was advancing on Ron, clicking its pincers menacingly. For a moment, Harry thought Ron had frozen. Then --[br][i]"Riddikulus!"[/i] bellowed Ron, and the spider's legs vanished