Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 54 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
September 27, 2010, 02:00 AM

There are now only 54 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film. Here is today's quote!

"It was an accident," said Harry mechanically. He felt empty, stunned. "We'll -- we'll find a way to repair it."

"Harry, I don't think we're going to be able to," said Hermione, the tears trickling down her face. "Remember . . . remember Ron? When he broke his wand, crashing the car? It was never the same again, he had to get a new one."

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "Bathilda's Secret "

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

A very well placed plot twist. We knew that he and his wand could now overcome Lord V from the graveyard fight in GOF, break the wand and you loose the arguement of “why not just duel and beat Lord V?” Broken wand leads to grabbing Malfoy’s wand (a rather lame acquisition of Elder wand mastery, but I’ll buy it).
Later Herm says “you just need to practice” and I love Harry’s thought of “why don’t I use your wand and you take this stick and see how easy it ISNT

Posted by flinthutch on September 27, 2010, 04:56 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Ron :) That was the key word.

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on September 27, 2010, 05:49 PM report to moderator
Dsc02812__2__thumb

I felt so bad for Hermione, and Harry too of course. Like many others have stated, I was shocked that his wand was broken. I felt, well how on earth is he going to take all this on NOW??!! We know now though that he managed just fine! JKR knew what she was doing, even if we doubted.

Posted by Lillylove on September 27, 2010, 06:37 PM report to moderator
My_quote1_thumb

I felt so bad for both harry and hermione when i read this.

Posted by thundermountain7*Roar* on September 27, 2010, 06:57 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

I hated that part so much. I mean the same wand that was connected to Voldemort’s wand, the same wand that had helped him escape Voldemort twice; was now broke. And all because of a mere bouncing jinx.

Hni_0022_thumb

poor harry … good thing he repaired it, thanks to the elder wand :)
No other wand could have replaced his …

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on September 27, 2010, 09:03 PM report to moderator
354970789b_thumb

I felt really bad for both Harry and Hermione at this bit, but they had just escaped Voldermort (again) with their lives intact. However much he loved that wand, however much it protected him and made him feel safe, i think it was a small price to pay.
It just shows how naive Voldermort was, he thought Harry was only powerful because of the connection to his own wand, so he sought out a more powerful one and in the end it didn’t matter. He didn’t realise there were more powerful things, family, love and friendship.

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on September 28, 2010, 12:56 AM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2010-11-20_at_12

Oddly enough this broke my heart.

Posted by SlyBones on September 28, 2010, 01:32 AM report to moderator
Harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-20070328093850961_thumb

I was rejoicing when he got his wand back at the end of the book; it was very symbolic of his heart beginning to heal after all the suffering.

This was a really chilling moment – I hadn’t really thought much about how important Harry’s wand could potentially be in his attempts to defeat Voldemort. I was peeved at Harry for upsetting Hermione right after she saved his life (arg!), but I understand why he was so devastated. He lost his one secret weapon that he knew of at that time. So glad he got it back!

Posted by Bless_the_children on September 28, 2010, 12:32 PM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

This was a really hopeless moment, and I felt so bad for Hermione. Of course, it was an accident, but it’s only natural that Harry would feel resentment towards her (however unfair that may be). What a mess. It just didn’t seem possible that Harry’s wand could be destroyed — especially by “friendly fire.”

018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

I don’t think Harry overreacted in fact I really admired his maturity when reading this chapter. I’d have been furious! Blaming Hermione for everything, blaming her for things beyond her control when she wasn’t culpable at all. And that would be over something as meaningless as a laptop! That phoenix feather wand was much more important a thin veil (ha veil!) protecting him from death. I also love at one point he says to Hermione that he knows that it wasn’t her fault and walks away from her just because he’s still angry and doesn’t want to be near her and take it out on her.

You really feel the mounting loss for both of them at this stage in the book, including the departure of Ron… wait!… I’ve went all this time without mentioning this is the 1st time Hermione mentions Ron’s name, calling him back to her! Ahhhhh!! I do love Ron/Hermione themed quotes!!

Posted by KiwiMcI on September 28, 2010, 01:13 PM report to moderator