Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 54 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
September 27, 2010, 02:00 AM

There are now only 54 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film. Here is today's quote!

"It was an accident," said Harry mechanically. He felt empty, stunned. "We'll -- we'll find a way to repair it."

"Harry, I don't think we're going to be able to," said Hermione, the tears trickling down her face. "Remember . . . remember Ron? When he broke his wand, crashing the car? It was never the same again, he had to get a new one."

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "Bathilda's Secret "

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Anime_thumb

I also thought how intelligent Rowling is! Voldemort wanted Harry and his wand because he knew the power of the wand and the wand got destroyed before they could take it and he got it repaired in the end :-)

Posted by Susmita singh on September 27, 2010, 06:00 AM report to moderator
58118_132230363492317_100001160614391_151843_1249933_n_thumb

I don’t think Harry overreacted at all. I felt so sad and terrible for Harry when his wand broke. And poor Hermione too when she tried to fix it :(

Posted by JK.jr. on September 27, 2010, 07:07 AM report to moderator
41483_1763995488_9057_q_thumb

@ royalvillain I’m so glad you said that because I remember how heartbroken I was for Harry when he found that his wand was broken beyond repair. Didn’t he use the Elder wand to repair it at the end?

Posted by Silvery Doe on September 27, 2010, 07:08 AM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

Ugh, i hated this part so much! it filled me with so much dread and pitty—and i felt bad for both characters!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on September 27, 2010, 07:56 AM report to moderator
111253053264374815_j3jgvm8y_c_thumb

Harry felt so sad and who could blame him? His wand is broke, he almost died, and a million other things. I feel bad for Hermione. She feels so bad about breaking Harrys wand.
Great quote though!!!!!!!

Posted by ksddancer... ROAR!!!!!!! on September 27, 2010, 08:18 AM report to moderator
Imagescaoyiy8w_thumb

I don’t believe that Harry Overreacted either, it was a bitter pill to take, his wand destroyed, a narrow escape from Voldemort, and he felt I am sure very vulnerable with out the power of his wand!!!

Posted by Mistic Willow on September 27, 2010, 08:28 AM report to moderator
Bookworm_thumb

I felt so bad for both Harry and Hermione in this scene. You know Hermione feels absolutely terrible and completely helpless that there’s nothing she can do to fix things. But I can definitely relate to how Harry feels because I’ve had things like that happen too, where I know in my mind that it was an accident and that the other person feels really bad, but in my heart I’m so upset that I want to be angry with them just to have someone to blame. And the situation here was heightened because Hermione did, in fact, save Harry’s life. The whole scene was just brilliantly written!

Posted by Bookworm Jen on September 27, 2010, 09:49 AM report to moderator
98143829_thumb
1910 Points

I felt empty too when I read this. His wand means so much to him…

Posted by Jane_Potter on September 27, 2010, 09:50 AM report to moderator

Another loss for Harry….

Posted by Dawna on September 27, 2010, 10:18 AM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

Even with all the deaths yet to come, in a way this moment is the bleakest in the whole series – the nadir of despair. In circumstances like these, who needs dementors?

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on September 27, 2010, 11:35 AM report to moderator
For_your_consideration_thumb

i did feel quite sorry for harry when i read this but i also felt very sorry for hermione… she was actually crying!! we know you didn’t mean it hermione…….
we forgive you!!! :):):):):)

Posted by Harrypotterultrafan on September 27, 2010, 12:29 PM report to moderator
Crew_bottom_thumb

poor hermione she was just trying to help harry but i appreciate that harry know hermione perfectly because he know that she feel so bad for his wand so he never said to her that he does taht to be friends with her .

srry for my english i’m a french canadian so srry fir my mistake to

Posted by Lost Northern on September 27, 2010, 12:44 PM report to moderator
Ronn_thumb

Harry didn’t overreact at all! In fact, I believe he was as calm as anyone could be in that situation. To put it into context- the wand that he had had for 7 years had just been broken. Not only that, but his wand had magical properties that allowed him to beat Voldemort – something which could not be explained even by Ollivander. At this point I believe Harry viewed his wand as his “shield”- it had always protected him and without that gone he felt so vulnerable.

Posted by Vernazz on September 27, 2010, 01:20 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

i was so pissed at hermione at this point but she just had to save them

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on September 27, 2010, 01:53 PM report to moderator

I was thinking “Nooo! Not his wand! What’s he going to do with no wand and no Olivander to find him a new one?” His only hope Gregorovich, the Elder wand, or, if he’s lucky, he would find one of someone elses that would actually work for him.

Posted by Ratorr on September 27, 2010, 02:59 PM report to moderator

[i]Weasley cannot save a thing, [br]He cannot block a single ring,[br]That's why Slytherins all sing:[br]Weasley is our King.[br][br]Weasley was born in a bin,[br]He always lets the Quaffle in,[br]Weasley will make sure we win,[br]Weasley is our King.[/i]

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014