Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 55 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
September 26, 2010, 02:02 AM

There are now only 55 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film. Here is your special double quotedown!

"And under here, Hedwig" -- Harry pulled open a door under the stairs -- "is where I used to sleep! You never knew me then -- Blimey, it's small, I'd forgotten. . . ."
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "The Seven Potters"

"No!" Harry shouted, and though he had raised his wand no spell occurred to him. "No! It wasn't us! We didn't kill you --"
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "A Place to Hide"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Danielradcliffe2_thumb

Furst. Havent read it yet, but first!! Am I?

Posted by artdjmaster on September 26, 2010, 02:36 AM report to moderator
Anime_thumb

Hey! Only one comment!
Second=] the 1st quote is emotional. I like reading this chapter. The 2nd one is so so. Mad eye was great.
Only 55 days, yayy!!!

Posted by Susmita singh on September 26, 2010, 02:44 AM report to moderator
354970789b_thumb

<3 Hedwig. I really admire writers who are brave enough to kill of their characters, though it doesn’t make it any less sad and painful when they do. Hedwig always reminds me of Hermione, does anyone else think that?

I’m very excited to see The Seven Potters. I still don’t know why they decided to cut out Harrys conversation with the Dursleys, i love the moment when Dudley offers his hand to Harry, its so unexpected and out of character.
Also very excited about ‘dusty Dumbledore’ :D When i first saw that in the trailer it gave me goosebumps on top of goosebumps!

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on September 26, 2010, 02:47 AM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

Does anybody else think that the dust Dumbledore was a rather horrible piece of magic? It makes me think the worse of Mad-Eye. I can’t even see why it would have worked against Snape, though JKR seems to imply in an interview that it did. I would have thought Snape could have said (non-verbally, because of the Tongue-Tying spell), ‘Dumbledore, you know and I know what really happened, so let me pass!’ and it would have vanished. (Rant over.)

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on September 26, 2010, 03:35 AM report to moderator

It was a charm Valeria even if Sanpe thought that it would not act because it is not a really Dumbuldore. Mad Eye placed it there to scare off Snape. Snape not wanting to really kill Dumbuldore was most likely shaking by his hunting reappearance and though he could have used a non verbal count curse to ward off the charm the shock of seeing his dead friend might have shaken him up a bit. So no, SnPe think in that would not have worked.

Posted by doughboy6390 on September 26, 2010, 04:14 AM report to moderator
15092010472_thumb

I love the first comment! It’s so very emotional! Brings together the picture of the whole series … how I started the journey of one book after the other … the amazing first experience! Brings tears ..

Posted by sourav || ROAR || on September 26, 2010, 04:48 AM report to moderator
For_your_consideration_thumb

Well done Leaky…great quotes!:)
i love the first one especially! :):)

what i’m most looking forward to in the film is how rupert grint portrays rons jealousy of harry and hermione…… i think that will be great !
can’t wait for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows to come out:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Posted by Harrypotterultrafan on September 26, 2010, 05:38 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

Well done Leaky …great quotes!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on September 26, 2010, 05:50 AM report to moderator
Ronn_thumb

I love the first quote.. it really brings back your memories of the first book and movie- such a long time ago now. Harry with the Dursley’s, in the cupboard, and then the Hogwarts letter arrives! And now it snaps me back to in DH when Dudley shakes Harry’s hand- one of my favourite moments. Putting all of the hostility of the past 7 years aside, it just shows you that Dudley wasn’t so bad after all!
It also reflects how far the series has come. Little Daniel in the SS/PS is adorable!
55 days… not long now! Can’t wait!

Posted by Vernazz on September 26, 2010, 07:41 AM report to moderator
111253053264374815_j3jgvm8y_c_thumb

The first one really makes you think of where we all started with Harry. A small orphan boy who doesn’t know who he is. Livid in a tiny little cupoard. Then his life changes when letters swarm. He figures out his true identity and makes friends to last a lifetime. It’s amazing.
The second quote is very intense. It reminds me of how tragic it was for all of us when Dumbledore passed. I can’t imagine how Snape
must’ve felt when he returned to Grimmauld Place.
Can’t wait for the movie!!!!! Only 55 more days!!!!!

Posted by ksddancer... ROAR!!!!!!! on September 26, 2010, 08:59 AM report to moderator
Beijingsquare_thumb

I remember being upset at how cold Hedwig was being to Harry in what would become their last few moments together (once I realized, of course, that that was what they would be). It was an interesting choice to make on Jo Rowling’s part – certainly not easy, but perhaps more realistic? Another reason I respect her so much as a writer – she didn’t just take the obvious routes!

Of course, this has likely all been changed in the movie version…

Posted by karrijustina on September 26, 2010, 09:14 AM report to moderator
58118_132230363492317_100001160614391_151843_1249933_n_thumb

This first quote was such an emotional scene :(

Posted by JK.jr. on September 26, 2010, 09:18 AM report to moderator
Luna_lovegood_oots_style_by_mcsquared42_thumb

Its so sad that Hedwig dies. I wonder if J.K. Rowling decided to do that so she wouldn’t have to worry about her later in the book.

Posted by ❀ Jay K. Elle ❀ on September 26, 2010, 09:34 AM report to moderator
9387883_csua9n9y_c_thumb

Oh 2 very moving quotes. The first one always reminds me of when i left home for uni, i did the same thing i walked around my house saying good bye to everything.
The 2nd quote scared the hell out of me when i read it!

Posted by Snunkiebrian (Gold Marauder46) on September 26, 2010, 09:46 AM report to moderator
41483_1763995488_9057_q_thumb

@ z999993 Actually, originally J.K. had planned on killing Hedwig much, much later. In fact, if memory serves me right, she planned on having Hedwig meet up with Harry in the Forbidden Forest as he confronts Voldemort. Hedwig was to perch on Harry shoulders as Voldemort casts Avada Kedavra and is killed when the spell consumes Harry and Hedwig because her talons had dug into him. I don’t remember why J.K. changed it. I think it may have had something to do with her editor.

Posted by Silvery Doe on September 26, 2010, 10:11 AM report to moderator

"How on earth d'you know that?" said Harry in amazement.[br]"Because Filch made me polish his shield about fifty times in detention," said Ron resentfully. "That was the one I burped slugs all over. If you'd wiped slime off a name for an hour, you'd remem

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014