Confirmed: AVPM's Darren Criss Cast on FOX's "Glee"

Fans
Posted by: Edward
September 26, 2010, 06:53 PM

There is a bit of fandom news online today, for Harry Potter has gotta get back to McKinley High.  Entertainment Weekly is reporting that actor and singer Darren Criss, star of the popular fan-created YouTube musicals "A Very Potter Musical" and "A Very Potter Sequel," has been cast on the also popular FOX television show, "Glee."  The article goes on to say that Criss has been cast as "Blaine—a cute and charismatic gay student from a rival Glee club named the Dalton Academy Warblers—will maintain a strictly platonic friendship with McKinley High’s most out and proud pupil" (Kurt, portrayed by actor Chris Colfer).  Mr. Criss received his role on the show following his submission of an audition tape as part of an open casting call "Glee" producers held this summer.  As readers will reacall, Leaky conducted an interview with Criss and his fellow "A Very Potter Musical" creators in 2009, which can be seen via this link.

"Glee" airs Tuesday evenings at 8/7c on the FOX television network in the States.

Update: Leaky has confirmed this casting to be accurate.  Criss' role is to involve the story line involving Kurt's boyfriend, says a source close to the casting.

Many, many thanks to Andrew! :)

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Img_7524_thumb

Totally awesome!! I am sooooooooooo excited for this!! I kind of love Darren Criss. :)

Posted by RavenclawDancer on September 26, 2010, 08:54 PM report to moderator
Jordan_thumb

Sheesh, you’d think this was the Gleeky Cauldron!

;)

This is awesome news! Darren totally deserves all of his success.

Posted by Jordan Edwards on September 26, 2010, 09:09 PM report to moderator
Banana_l_thumb

LOL @ the Gleeky Cauldron.

Posted by Iceholic on September 26, 2010, 09:15 PM report to moderator
Dsc04252_thumb

oh. my. GOSH! i thought this day would never come!!!

Posted by rizzijl on September 26, 2010, 09:37 PM report to moderator
354970789b_thumb

Awesome! I <3 Glee. :)

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on September 26, 2010, 09:41 PM report to moderator
Bella_deana_thumb

My fangirl meter is off the charts right now. I’m too old to outwardly freak out and dance around the room, but I’m doing that on the inside!!!

Posted by johnNoefan83 on September 26, 2010, 10:12 PM report to moderator
Asp10_thumb

This is amazing. Like the best news ever. I’ve been rooting for him since a friend linked me to his audition video telling me to support him, being the fan of AVPM that I am. I didn’t really believe he’d get a part, just because there were so many people posting videos. BUT HE DID! It’s like I’ve died and went to heaven.

Posted by Finny on September 26, 2010, 10:41 PM report to moderator

That’s so awesome! I’m not a big Glee fan, but I’m glad Darren is going to get exposure on such a popular show. Good for him!

Posted by badger666 on September 26, 2010, 10:44 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

YAY! Now I might actually watch Glee. haha

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on September 26, 2010, 10:53 PM report to moderator
Angiebumliac_hpdh_021_thumb

This is so awesome! He’s one of us!

Posted by mollywobbles23 on September 26, 2010, 11:08 PM report to moderator

Good for him! I’ve never watched Glee but loved A Very Potter Musical and it’s sequel. I haven’t laughed so hard in a long time.

Posted by Ratorr on September 26, 2010, 11:23 PM report to moderator

OMG My favourite show with my favourite series!! :D my life is now complete lol. Imagine if they put a song from the musical…that could be cool, yay best news, i’m so happy. I love Darren Criss and Glee! They are what you call perfect for each other.

Posted by Gingergirl26 on September 26, 2010, 11:43 PM report to moderator

Posted by Gingergirl26 on September 26, 2010, 11:43 PM report to moderator
Sales_calendars_2011_042_thumb

woooooooooooo

Posted by hermy on September 26, 2010, 11:50 PM report to moderator
Iconator_7a1a755f97b01ab21a2d5f3eab1cdd40_thumb

OMG MADE MY DAY!!

Posted by doxycide [WBM]{Totally Awesome!!} on September 26, 2010, 11:53 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Well, Potter, you know why you are here," he said. "The headmaster has asked me to teach you Occlumency. I can only hope that you prove more adept at it than Potions."[br]"Right," said Harry tersely.