Some Details about "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" Soundtrack Released

Music
Posted by: Mel
September 24, 2010, 09:21 PM

Conrad Pope, film composer and orchestrator, has updated his Facebook with comments on the "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" soundtrack:

Just finished the first week with the LSO of recording Alexandre Desplat’s score to “HP7”. Harry Potter now occupies a new musical universe. For Lovegood AD has written a charming, “groovin’” theme. Dobby, too, is given a new “voice”. The emotional music reaches its climax in Ron’s speech in the “wilderness” where the poetry of AD conveys the emotion in a single chord’s voicing. Stay tuned.

The soundtrack will be released on November 16th. Thanks very much to UniversHarryPotter for the tip!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Music News

Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

That sounds great! I mean over the years the sound of Harry Potter has been getting better and better. In the Order of the Phoenix the hairs on my back rose when I heard “Harry’s Wondrous World” on the flute. And in the Half-Blood Prince, I burst in sobs when hearing the background music on Dumbledore’s death.
In the Deathly Hallows, I know for sure the music will get better and better.

2vbx3b5_thumb

This guy makes me nervous and scared as hale! He did the score for New Moon and while the music was beautiful on its own it just didn’t fit the movie at all! He refused to even listen to the previous score from the original Twilight movie which certainly explains the disconnect, but I just desperately hope that he didn’t take that same stance with DH and refuse to listen to any of the previous HP scores because simply making up whatever music you want just doesn’t work with an HP score especially not for part of DH!

Posted by bella vita on September 25, 2010, 03:59 PM report to moderator
2vbx3b5_thumb

Posted by bella vita on September 25, 2010, 03:59 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Awesome! (I couldn’t really understand half of that but it sounds great)! I always love the HP soundtracks and am playing the music from the Goblet of Fire on my violin and I love the way it sounds!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on September 25, 2010, 05:52 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

can’t wait for it!! :D

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on September 25, 2010, 11:12 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

it better be good

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on September 25, 2010, 11:51 PM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2010-11-20_at_12

I hope the music is as beautiful as some of the themes for HBP.

Posted by SlyBones on September 26, 2010, 12:39 AM report to moderator
Sales_calendars_2011_042_thumb

cant wait!

Posted by hermy on September 26, 2010, 09:12 PM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

This waiting and reading about the next film is very emotional. There is so much in these stories that speaks to the good and bad, the downs and ups, of life. Every time I pickup one of the books – and I’ve done that a lot in the run up to DH part 1 – I feel like I am right back in it, back in the world. It is lovely and sad and too wonderful all at once.

Posted by 2tal - SpiritMagic174 on September 27, 2010, 12:36 PM report to moderator
Red_lips_2_thumb

I love Alexandre Desplat! He did the score for New Moon and it really was lovely, for a Twilight film. So I’m definitely buying this one!

Posted by LittleMonster on September 28, 2010, 06:24 AM report to moderator

so excited for this!

Posted by andarocketship on September 28, 2010, 08:17 AM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

I have really enjoyed the music throughout the movies. I hope that Dobby’s new voice will express his courage.

Posted by Fresca ROAR on September 28, 2010, 01:28 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

History of Magic was by common consent the most boring subject ever devised by Wizard-kind. Professor Binns, their ghost teacher, had a wheezy, droning voice that was almost guaranteed to cause severe drowsiness within ten minutes, five in warm weather.