Some Details about "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" Soundtrack Released

Music
Posted by: Mel
September 24, 2010, 09:21 PM

Conrad Pope, film composer and orchestrator, has updated his Facebook with comments on the "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" soundtrack:

Just finished the first week with the LSO of recording Alexandre Desplat’s score to “HP7”. Harry Potter now occupies a new musical universe. For Lovegood AD has written a charming, “groovin’” theme. Dobby, too, is given a new “voice”. The emotional music reaches its climax in Ron’s speech in the “wilderness” where the poetry of AD conveys the emotion in a single chord’s voicing. Stay tuned.

The soundtrack will be released on November 16th. Thanks very much to UniversHarryPotter for the tip!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Music News

354970789b_thumb

Both ‘Leaving Hogwarts’ and ‘Hedwigs Theme’ have the same flute melody, whatever form its in, as long as i hear that melody then i’ll be very happy. :)

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on September 25, 2010, 03:12 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

Yay soundtrack!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on September 25, 2010, 03:51 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Great. The music better be nice mainly for snape and hedwig

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on September 25, 2010, 05:02 AM report to moderator
Trio_poster_thumb

They better do this good… I LOVE the music from trailer so I’m hoping it will be something like that…

Posted by Petra on September 25, 2010, 07:48 AM report to moderator
Da1a_thumb

I’ve really liked the last 2 films’ soundtracks…hope this one is at least as good!

Posted by Rin68nyr on September 25, 2010, 08:06 AM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

I’m so excited for the soundtrack… hope it’s good.

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on September 25, 2010, 08:17 AM report to moderator
Deathly_002_001_thumb

Looks Interesting

Posted by wiltabone on September 25, 2010, 09:48 AM report to moderator
Dscn0194_thumb
1921 Points

bit iffy about this. The emotional musical climax is when Ron leaves? I certainly hope he’s done something special for Dobby’s death.

Posted by izziewitch on September 25, 2010, 11:10 AM report to moderator
Ootp_tumblr_thumb

yeah, me too. i absolutely love the soundtracks. i thought nicholas hooper did a great job with ootp and hbp, but im excited to see what desplat will do with this. (and im very happy that williams is returning to compose part 2.) should be great. :)

Posted by hermy007 on September 25, 2010, 11:46 AM report to moderator

cool

Posted by DancewithaGinger on September 25, 2010, 12:33 PM report to moderator

cool

Posted by DancewithaGinger on September 25, 2010, 12:33 PM report to moderator
Hogwarts-rules-icons-harry-potter-381257_100_100_thumb

…i just youtubed him and he did the New Moon score…not real happy about that :/

I like John Williams!! :(

Posted by TheRisingPhoenix on September 25, 2010, 01:27 PM report to moderator
315475_491136950901884_1807119504_n_thumb

cool :D

Posted by athena lupin on September 25, 2010, 01:31 PM report to moderator
P1010036_thumb

“John Williams is back for part two! :)
I really hope the last piece of music we hear is ‘Hedwig’s Theme’, that’s how the films started and i think it would have a beautiful symmetry if tha’ts how it all ends. There is no other piece of music that makes me think of magic more than that theme does.”
Posted by vicki_the_house_elf ROAR on September 25, 2010, 02:12 AM

I applaud your thinking Vicki_the_house_elf. I think that is how it should be. Hedwig’s Theme is and always be the only musical sound associated with Harry Potter. It brings tears to my eyes. It has to be done at the end of Part II. Curious to hear what Alexandre Desplat’s has come up with. I only have the first three soundtracks. Gave up after POA. Didn’t sound like Harry Potter to me. When I listen to John William’s score I know exactly where in the movie we .are. Can’t do that with anyone else though.

Posted by Tonks1OoM4,CW[ROAR] on September 25, 2010, 02:05 PM report to moderator
9387883_csua9n9y_c_thumb

Oh how fun!

Posted by Snunkiebrian (Gold Marauder46) on September 25, 2010, 03:43 PM report to moderator

Harry Potter was a highly unusual boy in many ways. For one thing, he hated the summer holidays more than any other time of the year. For another, he really wanted to do his homework but was forced to do it in secret, in the dead of night. And he also hap

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014