Some Details about "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" Soundtrack Released

Music
Posted by: Mel
September 24, 2010, 09:21 PM

Conrad Pope, film composer and orchestrator, has updated his Facebook with comments on the "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" soundtrack:

Just finished the first week with the LSO of recording Alexandre Desplat’s score to “HP7”. Harry Potter now occupies a new musical universe. For Lovegood AD has written a charming, “groovin’” theme. Dobby, too, is given a new “voice”. The emotional music reaches its climax in Ron’s speech in the “wilderness” where the poetry of AD conveys the emotion in a single chord’s voicing. Stay tuned.

The soundtrack will be released on November 16th. Thanks very much to UniversHarryPotter for the tip!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Music News

149638_103433969730594_2631787_n_thumb

I’m first yay (I hope)!!!

And i’m not into the soundtrack that much!!!

Posted by sessionka oom4 CW on September 24, 2010, 09:47 PM report to moderator
Dobbyafreeelf_thumb

Ahh.. can’t WAIT for this. :D
Especially Ron’s speech.. and Dobby’s death. >_<

Posted by Promote Elfish Welfare [*SQUEE*] on September 24, 2010, 10:04 PM report to moderator
354970789b_thumb

It sounds great! I love soundtracks from films and tv shows and will definitely be getting this before i see DH.

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on September 24, 2010, 10:06 PM report to moderator
Hni_0022_thumb

<3 soundtracks! Cant wait for this one! :D

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on September 24, 2010, 10:14 PM report to moderator
111253053264374815_j3jgvm8y_c_thumb

Yay soundtrack!!!!

Posted by ksddancer... ROAR!!!!!!! on September 24, 2010, 10:21 PM report to moderator
0322091528_thumb

Eloquent

Posted by taoist1 on September 24, 2010, 11:13 PM report to moderator
Luna_sam_thumb

Yay! :D I can’t wait for this to come out!

Posted by nargles, oh my! on September 24, 2010, 11:37 PM report to moderator
Beckett_thumb

yayayayay!!!!!!! accio november!!

Posted by Mudblood_and_proud on September 24, 2010, 11:50 PM report to moderator
A_mouse_digital_painting__anahita_____the_other_me___by_aty_s_behsam-d5p8l5n_thumb

I LOVE LOVE AD! All his works are brilliant! I know I WILL LOVE this one more than any of his other scores!

Posted by Maxtina Potter (Aty) on September 25, 2010, 01:51 AM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2010-09-15_at_11

“Dobby, too, is given a new “voice”.”
Is that really necessary? John Williams gave Dobby a beautiful theme. Sigh. :(

I really hope Williams returns for Part 2.

Posted by MrPlinkett on September 25, 2010, 02:00 AM report to moderator
354970789b_thumb

John Williams is back for part two! :)
I really hope the last piece of music we hear is ‘Hedwigs Theme’, thats how the films started and i think it would have a beautiful symmetry if thats how it all ends. There is no other piece of music that makes me think of magic more than that theme does.

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on September 25, 2010, 02:12 AM report to moderator
Hp7ava2_thumb

i’m nervous about hearing it, but i’m interested in what he comes up with.
i really hope they use “leaving hogwarts” (from CoS) at the end of part II !

Posted by emilykirstyn on September 25, 2010, 02:19 AM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2010-09-15_at_11

Exactly! When I read the epilogue William’s ‘Leaving Hogwarts’ theme played in my head and I started tearing up lol. I totally agree, there needs to be a score that tells the story through themes.

Posted by MrPlinkett on September 25, 2010, 02:21 AM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

When I read The Prince’s Tale, where they’re getting on the Hogwarts Express, I hear the same theme as when Harry’s starting out, but perhaps with a different orchestration.

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on September 25, 2010, 02:27 AM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

I really hope that in DH Part 2 Snape gets as good a farewell theme as Dumbledore did in HBP.

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on September 25, 2010, 02:29 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"As you know, three champions compete in the tournament... one from each of the participating schools. They will be marked on how well they perform each of the Tournament tasks and the champion with the highest total after task three will win the Triwizar