Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 58 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
September 22, 2010, 08:58 PM

There are now only 58 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film. Now, after the slew of "Deathly Hallows" trailer news, here are your countdown quotes for yesterday and today!

Harry looked more closely and realized that what he had thought were decoratively carved thrones were actually mounds of carved humans: hundreds and hundreds of naked bodies, men, women, and children, all with rather stupid, ugly faces, twisted and pressed together to support the weight of the handsomely robed wizards.
"Muggles," whispered Herminoe. "In their rightful place. . . ."
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "Magic is Might"

They were all laughing so much that none of them noticed the latecomer, a dark-haired young man with a large, curved nose and thick black eyebrows, until he held out his invitation to Ron and said, with his eyes on Hermione, "You look vunderful."
- Krum
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "The Wedding"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

354970789b_thumb

I love/detest the magic is might statue, i think it perfectly demonstrates how much control Voldermort has over the ministry. I am soooooo glad they’ve kept it in.
And the wedding, it looks absolutely gorgeous in the trailer, and then when the death eaters come it looks like absolute chaos, its going to be breath-taking to see that on the screen. Especially since the wedding is the last shred of happiness and relief the characters are going to feel before they have to start fighting for their lives. To see the Hermione/Ron/Krum tension is going to be fun :).
I wasn’t sure about Fleurs dress when i first heard about it, but from the shots of it in the trailer it looks really nice. Though i still don’t like Hermione’s dress.
Great choice of quotes!

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on September 23, 2010, 01:49 AM report to moderator
Actual_kurt_hummel_thumb

Nice quote!!

Posted by Gryffindor_Girl_xx {ROAR!!} on September 23, 2010, 02:45 AM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

I’m looking forward to see the same in the movie..

Posted by beautiful_hermione on September 23, 2010, 03:06 AM report to moderator
Sales_calendars_2011_042_thumb

the look on Ron’s face when Krum said that lol

Posted by hermy on September 23, 2010, 04:17 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Just imagine the expression on Ron’s face in the movie. Awesome.

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on September 23, 2010, 04:24 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

Nice quote!!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on September 23, 2010, 05:35 AM report to moderator
vicki_the_house_elf, I couldn’t agree more

Especially the chose of dresses they could have chosen from many other styles for both fleur and hermione
the Ron/Hermione/Krum tension can’t wait to see it

Posted by daldula on September 23, 2010, 05:49 AM report to moderator
58118_132230363492317_100001160614391_151843_1249933_n_thumb

I can’t wait to see the Ron/Hermione/Krum tension!!!!!!!!

Posted by JK.jr. on September 23, 2010, 06:32 AM report to moderator
Slytherin_morals_3_by_mazza_909_thumb

Oh, I hope they make the whole wedding scene good :D

Posted by Lonewolf_ ^HISS^ on September 23, 2010, 07:06 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Magic is Might

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on September 23, 2010, 08:32 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Wait, my whole comment didn’t get there. Now it looks like I support the Ministry! I DO NOT! The comment was Magic is Might and can’t wait to see the wedding scene :)

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on September 23, 2010, 08:34 AM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

For me, the Magic is Might statue so evokes the “Arbeit macht Frei” inscription over the gates to Auschwitz. It’s such a chilling image.

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on September 23, 2010, 11:44 AM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

…and on a cheerier note, a joyous Mabon to all! May the Harvest Moon shine on an autumn full of blessings that are meant to be shared .

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on September 23, 2010, 11:47 AM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

Great Quotes. That statue could have been dreamed up by the nazis, who were as evil as voldie in their time.theri time. wra Sorry, my delete key quit working!!

Posted by Fresca ROAR on September 23, 2010, 01:17 PM report to moderator
38093_1525112213973_1419668696_2107419_4307673_n_thumb

WOOT WOOT!!

Posted by Sohumdore on September 23, 2010, 09:10 PM report to moderator

"If I'd brought a toad I'd lose it as quick as I could. Mind you, I brought Scabbers, so I can't talk."[br]The rat was still snoozing on Ron's lap.[br]"He might have died and you wouldn't know the difference," said Ron in disgust.