Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 60 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
September 21, 2010, 12:34 AM

There are now only 60 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film. Here is today's quote!

"I'll prove who I am, Kingsley, after I've seen my son, now back off if you know what's good for you!"
- Arthur Weasley
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "Fallen Warrior"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Hermione3_thumb

I <3 the WEASLEYS!! cant wait!!

Posted by hpemmapie on September 21, 2010, 12:43 PM report to moderator
For_your_consideration_thumb

@vicki_the_house_elf ROAR
my timer says 58 days too:/

arthur weasley is a great character:)
my fave arthur wealsey moment was when he couldn’t get through the train station and harry had to do it for him:P :D

Posted by Harrypotterultrafan on September 21, 2010, 12:46 PM report to moderator
Img_0783_thumb

Authur is a BA.

Posted by youknowstew on September 21, 2010, 12:55 PM report to moderator
Sales_calendars_2011_042_thumb

Way to go Mr.Weasley !

Posted by hermy on September 21, 2010, 01:00 PM report to moderator
Lily_evans_and_severus_snape_by_aura3107_thumb

Arthur is one of my favorite characters! It is a shame that he had to lose a son during the Battle of Hogwarts:/ He is the silly dad everyone wants/needs!! I <3 Arthur!!

Posted by JessSnape on September 21, 2010, 01:03 PM report to moderator
Mad-eye-moody_thumb

You tell him Arthur. Can’t believe it’s less than 2 months now!!!

Posted by eccentricalice on September 21, 2010, 01:20 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mvvctnikjv1qcanm1o1_r1_250_1__thumb

gotta love Arthur when it comes to his children, hes so bada$$

Posted by MJB™ on September 21, 2010, 01:57 PM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

I really enjoy reading the daily quotes. Brings back great moments from the book. GOOD STUFF Leaky!

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on September 21, 2010, 02:26 PM report to moderator
Ravenklauw_thumb

i love the uniform at the picture…, i ordered it inline last week ;) i only need an cloak for halloween and than it’s perfect!! :D

Posted by L. Ravenclaw on September 21, 2010, 04:06 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

i love this fatherly emotion that over takes mr weasley! it only proves that love is the strongest weapon we have!!!! and i have to say poor weasley family because i think they are one group that suffered the worst during the war, first george and then they lost fred!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on September 21, 2010, 04:27 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

Awwwwwww…………Fatherly love! FRED! Why did he have to die!!!????!!!

41483_1763995488_9057_q_thumb

@taoist1 The Hunger Games trilogy is remotely able to fill that hole. Check it out if you haven’t already.

Posted by Silvery Doe on September 21, 2010, 05:15 PM report to moderator
Avi2_thumb

I love this Mr. Weasley quote because throughout most of the books he’s a gentle, unassuming father figure who generally caves in to Mrs. Weasley, but here he shows how fiercely he cares about his children.

Posted by mars.is.bright on September 21, 2010, 05:42 PM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

Taoist1, the only series that ever transported me into an alternative reality as compelling as the Potterverse was The Lord of the Rings. But I have found some more recent fantasy series that, while not exactly filling the HP void, did at least distract me for a while from it. Ones that come immediately to mind are His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman, Jonathan Stroud’s Bartimaeus Trilogy and anything and everything by Guy Gavriel Kay and Neil Gaiman (N.B. some of Neil’s works are inappropriate for younger readers, if you are one). Also, it’s a little outside the epic fantasy realm, but The Hitch-Hiker’s Guide to the Galaxy series is very involving and has fantastic characters, even if it is extremely silly. Meanwhile, I keep hoping for something new to come out that will truly engage me on a sustained emotional level like HP did. If all else fails I may just have to write something myself!

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on September 21, 2010, 06:18 PM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2010-11-20_at_12

Hmmm…. I don’t recall this part. :(

That fact devastates me that I, ME, can’t remember that. But its freaking awesome!!! MR. WEASELY ROCKS!!!

Posted by SlyBones on September 21, 2010, 06:23 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"I still feel very sad about [her death] sometimes. But I've still got Dad. And anyway, it's not as though I'll never see Mum again, is it?"[br]"Er -- isn't it?" said Harry uncertainly.[br]She shook her head in disbelief. "Oh, come on. You heard them, jus