Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 61 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
September 20, 2010, 03:44 AM

There are now only 61 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film. Here is today's quote!

"Why did half of us never even know she existed, until they carried the coffin out of the house and held a funeral for her? Where was saintly Albus while Ariana was locked in the cellar? Off being brilliant at Hogwarts, and never mind what was going on in his own house!"
- Auntie Muriel
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "The Wedding"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

J.K. Rowling is listed as one of the producers? That’s amazing!

Posted by KiwiMcI on September 20, 2010, 01:00 PM report to moderator
9407947_thumb

I absolutely love Auntie Muriel. She had plenty to say about many at the wedding and especially about Ginny. Loved her. She made me laugh.

Posted by sidnandragin on September 20, 2010, 01:27 PM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

The shadows of the past continue to be cast in the present; isn’t that ones conscience at work?

Posted by 2tal - SpiritMagic174 on September 20, 2010, 01:51 PM report to moderator
Ravenklauw_thumb

Love every day to wake up and reed the todays quote :D

Posted by L. Ravenclaw on September 20, 2010, 01:55 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mvvctnikjv1qcanm1o1_r1_250_1__thumb

where’s a time turner when you need it…..

Posted by MJB™ on September 20, 2010, 02:21 PM report to moderator
Films_dh_articles_dhew_11_thumb

Aunt Muriel is cast in the movie for part 1, so they are going to have at least a few lines from her during the wedding scene.

Posted by harrypotter1991{ROAR} on September 20, 2010, 02:27 PM report to moderator

This quote was so infuriating! Of course, I didn’t believe Muriel, and I was frustrated that Harry became so fixated on her version of DD’s story. I felt really bad for Doge in this scene, too. Then to find out later what really happened to Ariana — that there was some grain of truth in all of the bad things said about DD — the whole thing was just tragic.

Agreed. There where some nightbus size holes in Rowling last book, but she kept it tight with the Ariana story; cuminating to Abeforth’s picture of her true purpose. Genius

Posted by flinthutch on September 20, 2010, 02:42 PM report to moderator
111253053264374815_j3jgvm8y_c_thumb

I can’t believe we are this close! Intersting quote today. I just read it so this is funny!

Posted by ksddancer... ROAR!!!!!!! on September 20, 2010, 04:08 PM report to moderator

I hate Muriel! She’s such a hag! But I love this quete, none the less! Muriel better be in the wedding sceane!

Posted by hp's dead account on September 20, 2010, 04:50 PM report to moderator
Luna_lovegood_oots_style_by_mcsquared42_thumb

I wish Muriel would keep some things to herself, but if she didn’t say anything we wouldn’t have known much about Ariana. Only 61 days left! :D

Posted by ❀ Jay K. Elle ❀ on September 20, 2010, 05:33 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Stupid Muriel!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on September 20, 2010, 05:41 PM report to moderator

So close! Can’t wait!!!!

Posted by ElphabaROCKS on September 20, 2010, 06:38 PM report to moderator
0322091528_thumb

Poor Ariana : (

Posted by taoist1 on September 20, 2010, 06:40 PM report to moderator
Sales_calendars_2011_042_thumb

that old hag… this part really made me angry

Posted by hermy on September 20, 2010, 06:53 PM report to moderator
Voly_thumb

i just began re reading DH yesterday night and that part still makes me mad.
I’m not sure they will include it in the movie though.

Posted by voldemort07 on September 20, 2010, 07:52 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

Ron looked as though he'd just been told he had to go and live in the Forbidden Forest.[br]"Can you imagine me taking exams with this?" he asked Harry, holding up his wand, which had just started whistling loudly.