Snatcher Scenes in "Deathly Hallows" Described as "Really, Really Dark"

DH Film
Posted by: Mel
September 18, 2010, 04:15 AM

Nick Moran (Scabior) has commented on the Snatcher scenes in "Deathly Hallows", saying that they got so intense that some parts had to be cut:

"The scenes I did were really, really dark, really, really dark, but when I went to see them they cut some of the worst bits out, and I was talking to producer David Heyman, saying, 'Oh no, why's that gone?' He said, apparently it was like watching Saw," Nick told Absolute Radio DJ Christian O'Connell.

Moran also spoke briefly about the efforts taken towards keeping the script secret:

"I can't really give too much away - it's hilarious, because your script has a watermark in it," he recalled.
"It says a number, which is on every page, so that if you lose it, everyone knows it was you. So it's all top secret."

You can read more here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

uh-oh….cutting, i dont like hearing about cutting! they better have a brick-load of deleted scenes on the dvd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the scripts w/ the water marks are hilarious though!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on September 18, 2010, 01:35 PM report to moderator

Hopefully what was cut will be in deleted or extended scenes better yet maybe have a directors cut where its included in a version of the movie.

Posted by dobby_rocks on September 18, 2010, 01:44 PM report to moderator
Angiebumliac_hpdh_021_thumb

I’m not worried. shrugs If they’re too intense for this kind of movie, then they’re too intense. They didn’t say they cut the Snatcher scene completely, just parts of it. I think people are overreacting, tbh.

Posted by mollywobbles23 on September 18, 2010, 02:07 PM report to moderator
Helenabonhamcarterbellatrix_thumb

if david yates said its like watching saw then i can see why they got cut cause warner bros doesnt want the last two films to be rated R and by having them be to dark and explicit they would be. while i have no problem having them rated R since deathly hallows is the darkest book yet and not exactly kids reading, they do want their target audience to be able to see them and parents would protest and boycott if these got an R rating so the strongest they wanna go is a hard PG-13 bordering on R but defenatly not an R rating. so hopefully on the ultimate editions of DH 1 and 2 itll be the full unrated directors cut.

Posted by geminidreamatl29 on September 18, 2010, 02:49 PM report to moderator

ima talk slow so everyone understands

these scenes were cut along time ago

there is nothing of that description in any of the test screening reports

Posted by hallowman on September 18, 2010, 03:05 PM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

@hallowman, I’ve often had the impression that people don’t read all the comments before posting.

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on September 18, 2010, 03:41 PM report to moderator

wait a minute…. @Gryffindor_Girl_xx {ROAR!!!}… what do you mean they cut the word mudblood into herminone’s forarm??? I don’t remember that in the book and I’ve read it 5 times…

Posted by trumpetgirly [ROAR] on September 18, 2010, 03:54 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mvvctnikjv1qcanm1o1_r1_250_1__thumb

they did the water mark thing with Sex and the City 2 also. i think they should have kept it the way it was filmed in the first place. HP7 is SUPPOSED to be dark…..

Posted by MJB™ on September 18, 2010, 04:20 PM report to moderator
Imagescad1mlxa_thumb

scene cutting not good,makeing it less " Saw " like …okay ,i guess

Posted by muggle..andproudofit =:) on September 18, 2010, 04:32 PM report to moderator
Sales_calendars_2011_042_thumb

@trumpetgirly[ROAR]— it is not there in the book,,,it is just another unnecessary change they have made in the film…… i am not very happy with that, i prefer it the way in the book…

Posted by hermy on September 18, 2010, 04:48 PM report to moderator
Eeyorescrollsparky_thumb

I was wondering the same thing about the mudblood thing and Hermione’s arm. Huh? Since that wasn’t in the book, I do hope it has been cut out of the movie.

As for the snatcher scenes, they don’t need to be gory, and if that’s what’s been cut out, then I’m happy. I don’t like or watch movies like Saw and I would hate for the last two HP movies to turn into that genre. Hitchcock suspense-type movies, however, are a good thing and that kind of darkness I do like. It also usually stays within the PG13 rating, which as others have pointed out will be what WB wants.

Posted by Eeyore on September 18, 2010, 05:00 PM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2010-11-20_at_12

I hope the cut out stuff will be on the DVDs. I really want to see them! >_<

Posted by SlyBones on September 18, 2010, 05:31 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

I think the darker, then the more realistic it is. I hope they didn’t cut too much of it. If it does, then as long as they put it on the DVD as extras, then I’m cool.

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on September 18, 2010, 06:27 PM report to moderator
Hedwig_avatar_thumb

It wouldn’t make sense to have a minor character having such a high profile in the film. Fenrir Greyback was Jo’s nasty character among the Death Eaters. It sounds as though someone got carried away by the all-action war-themed final film instead of sticking to the book. Jo gave us just enough pain and sorrow through the death and suffering of characters we held dear without over emphasizing the mayhem involved in a war scenario in detail.

Posted by Graymayne on September 18, 2010, 06:33 PM report to moderator
Weird_thumb

If those scenes are anything like Saw… I might just poop myself. (In a good way) It sucks that they cut them out though…

Posted by Cam Waller on September 18, 2010, 08:14 PM report to moderator

Hermione let her robes fall and Ron backed into the sink.[br]Her face was covered in black fur. Her eyes had turned yellow and there were long, pointed ears poking through her hair.[br]"It was a c-cat hair!" she howled.