Snatcher Scenes in "Deathly Hallows" Described as "Really, Really Dark"

DH Film
Posted by: Mel
September 18, 2010, 04:15 AM

Nick Moran (Scabior) has commented on the Snatcher scenes in "Deathly Hallows", saying that they got so intense that some parts had to be cut:

"The scenes I did were really, really dark, really, really dark, but when I went to see them they cut some of the worst bits out, and I was talking to producer David Heyman, saying, 'Oh no, why's that gone?' He said, apparently it was like watching Saw," Nick told Absolute Radio DJ Christian O'Connell.

Moran also spoke briefly about the efforts taken towards keeping the script secret:

"I can't really give too much away - it's hilarious, because your script has a watermark in it," he recalled.
"It says a number, which is on every page, so that if you lose it, everyone knows it was you. So it's all top secret."

You can read more here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Great. Why did they have to cut them? They could have made it less dark then

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on September 18, 2010, 04:50 AM report to moderator
Pia_thumb

Oh no, cutting scenes is never good :(

Posted by ♥PygmyPuffPia♥ ΡặΡặҰặ ツ on September 18, 2010, 05:25 AM report to moderator
Harrypotter_thumb

but i hope they add them in the dvd for deleated scenes, i do not care wether it is horrible or wether it is not, but in the book it was dark, too, and when they think, we are too weak to watch it, they are wrong. and beside i#ve already watched saw and i’m 15!!!!! ;(

Posted by Ness95 on September 18, 2010, 05:37 AM report to moderator
Actual_kurt_hummel_thumb

I wanna see the dark scenes!!! If they cutted the mudblood-carved-in-Hermione’s-forearm bit I will make sure they regret it.
And I like dark stuff!!!
x( man, these people …

Posted by Gryffindor_Girl_xx {ROAR!!} on September 18, 2010, 06:06 AM report to moderator
Slytherin_morals_3_by_mazza_909_thumb

I don’t like that they cut it, I don’t like it at all :(

Posted by Lonewolf_ ^HISS^ on September 18, 2010, 06:18 AM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

Wow – it must have been pretty intense. Scary.

uh no im sure they didnt cut anything after the test screening

Posted by hallowman on September 18, 2010, 06:43 AM report to moderator

DEATHLY HALLOWS TRAILER TO DEBUT ON WEDNESDAY THE 22ND OF SEPTEMBER, JUST FOUND OUT ON MUGGLENET CANT WAIT FOR THAT ONE, I HOPE THERES LOADS OF STUFF IN IT. THE TRAILER IS JUST OVER 2 MINUTES LONG BUT A LITTLE SHORTER THAN THE TRAILER WE GOT BACK IN JUNE,

Posted by jaiboi2 on September 18, 2010, 07:25 AM report to moderator
Harrypotter_thumb

let’s contact these people and say what we are thinking…. this really upsets me….. VERDAMMT

Posted by Ness95 on September 18, 2010, 08:11 AM report to moderator

I don’t hope they cut off to must, even if I don’t like dark stuff.
I don’t like it in my real life or in movies (smiles), but it’s a importance part of these stories, so …

But oh november come on, come now!

Posted by katteven on September 18, 2010, 08:12 AM report to moderator
Hp-trio-dhx_thumb

aah,why cutting scenes??:( i guess they’re making sure it stays pg

Posted by xxIBelieveInNarglesxx on September 18, 2010, 09:19 AM report to moderator
Harry_thumb

I knew they would cut every dark scenes i the movie i mean whats the point of making the movie the movie is supposed to be dark. If u have read the book u would know that.

Posted by blackhair on September 18, 2010, 09:20 AM report to moderator

Dang! I would have loved to see them anyway! Now, the question is, what scenes did they cut? I have a couple ideas…. Too bad, though. I would have wanted to see them in the movie! Hopefully they’re in the deleted scenes…

Posted by WhyAllTheGlitter™ on September 18, 2010, 09:46 AM report to moderator

i hope they put all cutted scenes and part scenes on the DVD! i would hate to think i missed anything! even if it is too dark for the younger fans!

Posted by Beksey_S on September 18, 2010, 10:01 AM report to moderator

Just a thought…it’s possible that the interpretation of the scenes from the book were a bit too much for the audience and that the producers and directors felt it brought a different feel to the overall tone. I know we all envision certain scenes when we read the books, but if they’ve taken them too far (into the “Saw” and horror/gore genre), then they may have thought that cutting them was appropriate. I’m sure scenes are cut in all types of movies, it just doesn’t get press the way certain movies do. If it makes it to the DVD, that’s cool. If it doesn’t, there must have been a reason for it.

Posted by PWilly on September 18, 2010, 10:13 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"I went looking for the troll because I -- I thought I could deal with it on my own -- you know, because I've read all about them."[br] Ron dropped his wand. Hermione Granger, telling a downright lie to a teacher?