Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 63 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
September 18, 2010, 01:02 AM

There are now only 63 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film. Here two quotes for yesterday and today!

"We've caught Potter!"
- Fenrir Greyback
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "Malfoy Manor"

"Mundungus Fletcher," croaked the elf, his eyes still tight shut. "Mundungus Fletcher stole it all: Miss Bella's and Miss Cissy's pictures, my Mistress's gloves, the Order of Merlin, First Class, the goblets with the family crest, and -- and --"
Kreacher was gulping for air: His hollow chest was rising and falling rapidly, then his eyes flew open and he uttered a bloodcurdling scream.
"--and the locket, Master Regulus's locket, Kreacher did wrong, Kreacher failed in his orders!"
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "Kreacher's Tale"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Sirius_black_thumb

That end, with Kreacher leading the charge…awesome

Posted by Al Sev Potter on September 18, 2010, 11:42 AM report to moderator

love him he’s very loyal

Posted by daldula on September 18, 2010, 12:04 PM report to moderator
Photo-103336_thumb_thumb

oh Kreacher… i love how you can begin so indifferent to a character and then learn something like this, and all of sudden your heart just breaks for them and then you love them. :)

Posted by Phlegm dela Coeur on September 18, 2010, 12:42 PM report to moderator
58118_132230363492317_100001160614391_151843_1249933_n_thumb

poor kreacher :(

Posted by JK.jr. on September 18, 2010, 04:00 PM report to moderator
Brookie_002_thumb

its so weird how at first kreacher is this freak of a house elf who’s all mean and stuff but then at the end he’s like kinda awesome. I just wish dibby wouldn’t have died.sigh sob sob.jk but still kreacher is no dobby but he’s getting better.maybe in a few yeard harry will get a step up from maggits for christmas.hmmmm what wud that be bugs,ding,dirty old socks.i don’t know.

Posted by mollyollyoxenfree8 on September 18, 2010, 04:44 PM report to moderator

I totaly agree with you jjh1234. I remeber were i was when i read this!! I also remember smiling when I read the part about kreacher, after harry gives him the locket. with his ear hair all clean and puffy and wearing a new soft towel and making amazingly yummy soup…. now I’m hungry.

Posted by Claire Lafleur on September 18, 2010, 06:23 PM report to moderator

Just finished “Kreacher’s Tale”

Posted by Dawna on September 18, 2010, 08:50 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

Poor Kreacher, he’s not actually a bad elf. It’s just his masters were bad people………..But he’s such a loyal house elf!
I felt so horrible at that moment, just watching him cry………God it broke my heart!

Wig4_thumb

! also love how how kreacher led the elfs into battle!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on September 19, 2010, 04:53 AM report to moderator
111253053264374815_j3jgvm8y_c_thumb

Poor Kreacher. He really does have a big heart. :)

Posted by ksddancer... ROAR!!!!!!! on September 19, 2010, 07:30 AM report to moderator

I loved this part! I hate Greyback with a passion but i didn’t like Kreacher at first and now I simply love him!

Posted by DancewithaGinger on September 19, 2010, 09:12 AM report to moderator
Batman_thumb

Poor Kreacher :(
But I love how he lead the elves in the end. :)

Posted by Crazy and Proud on September 19, 2010, 11:55 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Go Kreacher! He is so awesome!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on September 19, 2010, 03:29 PM report to moderator
41483_1763995488_9057_q_thumb

I actually had a fleeting ping of sympathy for Kreacher at this point. Then I remembered Sirius…
I don’t think I really forgave him until he lead the elves into the battle of hogwarts

Posted by Silvery Doe on September 19, 2010, 09:04 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

if kreacher had killed him this could have gone differently for the worse

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on September 21, 2010, 12:53 AM report to moderator

Harry felt as though he were carrying some kind of talisman inside his chest over the following two weeks, a glowing secret that supported him through Umbridge's classes and even made it possible for him to smile blandly as he looked into her horrible bul