Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 66 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
September 15, 2010, 12:06 AM

There are now only 66 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film. Here is today's quote!

"'To Harry James Potter,'" he read, and Harry's insides contracted with a sudden excitement, "I leave the Snitch he caught in his first Quidditch match at Hogwarts, as a reminder of the rewards of perseverance and skill.'"
- Scrimgeour
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "The Will of Albus Dumbledore"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Luna_lovegood_oots_style_by_mcsquared42_thumb

Dumbledore was so smart with the hiding the Resurrection Stone in the snitch. Scrimgeour would never have figured it out. I can’t wait to see Hermione freak out on him. I hope they make it like in the book. Yay! only like 66 days or so left!

Posted by ❀ Jay K. Elle ❀ on September 15, 2010, 05:28 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

That wasn’t a bad quote. It was an exciting part when they got the things that Dumbledore left on his will. I was a little dissapointed, cause I thought they would get much more greater things……….But not everything is fair..

3269316169_13ac1c4122_thumb

This part in the book was so exciting !!! it brought so much mystery around these gifts and Dumbledore even in death, knew that our heroes would figure them out…..and yes I hope the movie sticks to the book because it was so perfect!!!

Posted by hibou333 (Roar) on September 15, 2010, 07:32 PM report to moderator
38093_1525112213973_1419668696_2107419_4307673_n_thumb

I cant believe how Hermione finds it hard to talk back to teachers but does it to the MoM!

Posted by Sohumdore on September 15, 2010, 07:42 PM report to moderator
Hpfanforever_thumb

I CAN’T WAIT FOR DEATHLY HALLOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I WANT TO SEE ALL OF THE ACTORS AND CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!
SPECIALLY GINNY, HARRY, RON, HERMIONE, BONNIE, DAN, EMMA, RUPERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I WANT TO SEE ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!
HARRY AND GINNY FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HARRY POTTER FAN FOR ETERNITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GOD RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I WANT TO WATCH THE SEVEN POTTERS SCENE, THE HARRY AND GINNY KISS SCENE, THE MINISTRY OF MAGIC SCENE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I WANT THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Posted by LissethCristina on September 15, 2010, 09:31 PM report to moderator
Pic_thumb

These quotes just make me wanna read the 7th book again for the 12th billion time heehee .

Posted by Phoebe of Gryffindor on September 15, 2010, 09:50 PM report to moderator
Slytherin_morals_3_by_mazza_909_thumb

I can’t wait to see this in the movie :)

Posted by Lonewolf_ ^HISS^ on September 16, 2010, 03:13 PM report to moderator

This is going to be a great scene, no doubt about it!! Please dear God let the movie at least follow the book to some degree!!!!!!

Posted by hewy on September 16, 2010, 07:08 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_loxhxnpc7a1qjbryso1_r1_500_large_thumb

Love this part!!! Shows how smart Dumbledore really is cuz Scrimeoger never had a chance of figuring out about why the snitch wouldnt open!!!! :)

Posted by MissingHedwig on September 16, 2010, 07:49 PM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2010-11-20_at_12

Dumbledore was brilliant.

Posted by SlyBones on September 16, 2010, 07:52 PM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

Yeah, this scene was great. Even though the gifts seem … useless, just trinkets … the trio doesn’t give the Ministry an inch. I can’t wait to see Nighy as Scrimgeour. Hermione’s “lawyer moment” will be priceless.

Hpdh_thumb

dumbledore was a genius

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on September 21, 2010, 12:44 AM report to moderator

"Hagrid!" Hermione shouted, pounding on his front door. "Hagrid, that's enough! We know you're in there! Nobody cares if your mum was a giantess, Hagrid! You can't let that foul Skeeter woman do this to you! Hagrid, get out here, you're just being --"