Reports: John Williams Will Compose Score for "Deathly Hallows: Part 2"

Williams
Posted by: Mel
September 14, 2010, 04:32 AM

Our friends at Potterish have gotten confirmation from Warner Bros. Brazil that composer John Williams, who wrote the music for the first three Harry Potter films, will return to score the final movie, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2." "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" will be scored by Alexandre Desplat.

Update: While this is indeed exciting news, we still await final conformation on this information from WB.  Stay close to Leaky for the latest!

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" will be in theatres November 19th, and "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" will come out on July 15th, 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Williams News

Downsized_0124001234a_thumb

FISTPUMP

This excites me. A LOT.

Posted by Olivia Elaine a.k.a Agent Pomplamoose on September 14, 2010, 06:26 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

Ugh phooey! Hooper’s been my favourite so far. Though I’d love it, truely love it, if in the 19 years later scene Williams keeps the theme from the end of PS and COS as the train pulls away leaving Harry, Ron and Hermione. I ADORE that theme and would love it if they rounded of the series like that. I remember way back when I was 13 and not wanting to leave the cinema, as Harry didn’t want to leave Hogwarts. That theme always strikes a chord with me, please redo the motif Mr Williams, I’d love you for it!

Posted by KiwiMcI on September 14, 2010, 07:02 PM report to moderator

Yes! I’m so happy!

Posted by DancewithaGinger on September 14, 2010, 07:31 PM report to moderator

Yes! I’m so happy about that

Posted by DancewithaGinger on September 14, 2010, 07:34 PM report to moderator

Yes! I’m so happy about that

Posted by DancewithaGinger on September 14, 2010, 07:34 PM report to moderator
Mauraders_thumb

I thought the music for the first 3 films were brilliant! Some of the best! I listen to them constantly!! :D

Posted by CanadianGryffindor_96 {ROAR!!} on September 14, 2010, 08:07 PM report to moderator

All I can say is Yay!!!!!!! One of the first albums I ever owned was the Jaws soundtrack (yes the original in1975) and I’m thrilled that he will be back for the final HP soundtrack! There were a few good songs added to the originals (Fireworks being one of my favs), but John Williams’ contributions were great for the series – Hedwigs Theme – ahhh! Welcome back Mr. Williams!

Posted by Istari on September 14, 2010, 08:07 PM report to moderator
Me_at_hogwarts_thumb

WIZARD GOD YES!!!!!!! I was having the worst day EVER! AND NOW IT"S AWESOME!!!!

Posted by ProfessorAlice on September 14, 2010, 08:16 PM report to moderator
Me_at_hogwarts_thumb

what’s really sad tho…sorry to double comment…im reading all these, “yay for harry potter” comments… WHERE ARE YOU NERDGITHERS?? AM I THE ONLY ONE JUMPING UP AND DOWN IN MY SEAT??

Posted by ProfessorAlice on September 14, 2010, 08:17 PM report to moderator
Avi2_thumb

Oh goody – although I only have the soundtrack from the 5th (Hooper) I really really enjoy Williams’ music… This will be an EPIC movie for sure!

Posted by mars.is.bright on September 14, 2010, 08:19 PM report to moderator

Hooray! John Williams is the greatest!

Posted by SybilT on September 14, 2010, 08:38 PM report to moderator
Hbpposter_harryandginny_thumb

I"m just sorry that Williams won’t be doing the music for Part 1!!

Posted by kleigh629 on September 14, 2010, 08:47 PM report to moderator
354970789b_thumb

hurray! I love the music from the first three films. DH part two is going to be epic!

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on September 14, 2010, 09:16 PM report to moderator
354970789b_thumb

My favourites are hedwigs theme and Aunt Marge’s waltz, brilliant music! :)

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on September 14, 2010, 09:21 PM report to moderator
Dobbyavvie_thumb

I just did a happy dance. John Williams is my favorite composer of all time. He really needs to win an Oscar for HP, not that he doesn’t have plenty already. I’m so overjoyed!!!

Posted by Scarlet~Phoenix on September 14, 2010, 10:16 PM report to moderator