Reports: John Williams Will Compose Score for "Deathly Hallows: Part 2"

Williams
Posted by: Mel
September 14, 2010, 04:32 AM

Our friends at Potterish have gotten confirmation from Warner Bros. Brazil that composer John Williams, who wrote the music for the first three Harry Potter films, will return to score the final movie, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2." "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" will be scored by Alexandre Desplat.

Update: While this is indeed exciting news, we still await final conformation on this information from WB.  Stay close to Leaky for the latest!

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" will be in theatres November 19th, and "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" will come out on July 15th, 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Williams News

Hp7ava2_thumb

this makes me soooo excited!

Posted by emilykirstyn on September 14, 2010, 04:11 PM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

Seems fitting – started it now ends it

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on September 14, 2010, 04:19 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

HOORAY!!!!!!

Posted by CarinaPotter (ROAR!) on September 14, 2010, 04:21 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

…Wait, I’m seeing conflicting reports… I’m not sure now, actually, if this is true… :-/ I really hope it is, though.

Posted by CarinaPotter (ROAR!) on September 14, 2010, 04:23 PM report to moderator
111253053264374815_j3jgvm8y_c_thumb

Amazing!!!!!!!!

Posted by ksddancer... ROAR!!!!!!! on September 14, 2010, 04:33 PM report to moderator
Starman_thumb

Best news ever! I’ve been waiting for John Williams to return since PoA. I can’t add much to your excellent words of excitement at the news! It seems that 99% of you agree so far. (Well, there is that ONE nutter who simply spews outlandish and unfounded hyperbole—but that was fairly predictable.)

Posted by rush2112 on September 14, 2010, 05:02 PM report to moderator

SWEETNESS! I loved that music!!

Posted by ExpectoPatronum512 on September 14, 2010, 05:14 PM report to moderator
Dscn0194_thumb
1921 Points

I went on IMDB and didn’t see any reference to who the composer would be, so I think there’s still hope!

Posted by izziewitch on September 14, 2010, 05:14 PM report to moderator
Films_dh_articles_dhew_11_thumb

I love John Williams’ music scores! This is great news!

Posted by harrypotter1991{ROAR} on September 14, 2010, 05:17 PM report to moderator
553520_488880994466250_43107597_n_thumb

Great news!

Posted by Asria (DreamLight208) on September 14, 2010, 05:18 PM report to moderator
Eeyorescrollsparky_thumb

I liked John Williams until I realized that I couldn’t tell the difference between some of his scores for very different movies. All of his stuff tends to sound the same, and in many instances, the music becomes the most prominent part of a scene. It should be in the background, adding suspense or sweetness or whatever. But Williams’ scores are just about him.

I much preferred Patrick Doyle and Nicholas Hooper and had hoped that one of them would do the last two movies. I don’t know much about the work by the composer for DH Part 1. So no comment there.

I know a lot of people are excited by John Williams coming back, but I’m not one of them.

Posted by Eeyore on September 14, 2010, 05:24 PM report to moderator
Dscn0194_thumb
1921 Points

I think potterish has negated that email they said they got from WB Brazil—according to my rather poor translation of what’s on the site!

Posted by izziewitch on September 14, 2010, 05:28 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

YES!! Wish he was doing Part 1 too, but I’ll still take it him doing Part 2.

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on September 14, 2010, 05:44 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Yayyyyyyyyyyyy!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on September 14, 2010, 05:45 PM report to moderator
Z_thumb

YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! I was waiting for this to happen!!

Posted by chocolaterabbits on September 14, 2010, 05:46 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Potter, when I want nonsense shouted at me I shall give you a Babbling Beverage. And Crabbe, loosen your hold a little, if Longbottom suffocates it will mean a lot of tedious paperwork, and I am afraid I shall have to mention it on your reference if ever