Reports: John Williams Will Compose Score for "Deathly Hallows: Part 2"

Williams
Posted by: Mel
September 14, 2010, 04:32 AM

Our friends at Potterish have gotten confirmation from Warner Bros. Brazil that composer John Williams, who wrote the music for the first three Harry Potter films, will return to score the final movie, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2." "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" will be scored by Alexandre Desplat.

Update: While this is indeed exciting news, we still await final conformation on this information from WB.  Stay close to Leaky for the latest!

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" will be in theatres November 19th, and "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" will come out on July 15th, 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Williams News

Dscf1209_thumb

I am delighted to have John Williams returning to finish out the Potter series. His movie scores are the most memorable and I have many of his soundtracks from many of the films he has scored. Star Wars and Harry Potter are two of my faves, but he has done so many memorable scores. I have also had the privilege of seeing him perform/conduct live twice. He is an amazing talent! My only regret is that he didn’t score all 8 Potter films…but at least he will have done half of them.

Posted by mardie186 on September 14, 2010, 01:54 PM report to moderator
Luna_lovegood_oots_style_by_mcsquared42_thumb

I liked Nicholas Hooper w/ HBP best, but John Williams knows the classic Harry Potter music. He’ll be good for the last movie. He’s a professional, he should know how to bring all the previous music together into the last film.

Posted by ❀ Jay K. Elle ❀ on September 14, 2010, 02:01 PM report to moderator
A_mouse_digital_painting__anahita_____the_other_me___by_aty_s_behsam-d5p8l5n_thumb

Great!
Really great!

Posted by Maxtina Potter (Aty) on September 14, 2010, 02:01 PM report to moderator

disappointed!

Posted by jain on September 14, 2010, 02:17 PM report to moderator
Slytherin_morals_3_by_mazza_909_thumb

That’s amazing news!:D

Posted by Lonewolf_ ^HISS^ on September 14, 2010, 02:25 PM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2010-11-20_at_12

I think the only score from the movies that really stuck for me was the one from HBP. There were a couple that I LOVED and really stood out. Like when Ginny kissed Harry. Or when Harry was comforting Hermione aobout Lavender and Ron’s first kiss.

Posted by SlyBones on September 14, 2010, 02:51 PM report to moderator

YES!!!!! I’m so psyched that he will come back to bring things full circle. I love John Williams’ scores and now am assured I will get a wonderful soundtrack to go with the movie!

Posted by not2old4HP on September 14, 2010, 02:52 PM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_ootp_002_thumb

That’s awesome! He’ll be perfect! What a magnificent ending DH2 is going to be to the film series.

Posted by Agrippa1 on September 14, 2010, 02:53 PM report to moderator
Keeper_thumb

So fitting that he should return for the final HP movie.

Posted by AvanelleWood on September 14, 2010, 02:57 PM report to moderator

Rotfang (and anyone else who agrees with him/her) you need to listen to “Schindler’s List”. John Williams writes the music that is appropriate for the story, period. PoA was the best score of the series so far. Hearing this news just absolutely made my day/week/month!

Posted by mkm on September 14, 2010, 03:07 PM report to moderator

Too bad its false. Alexander Desplat is doing Part 2.

Posted by JasonAnder on September 14, 2010, 03:07 PM report to moderator
I-quote_hogwarts0144_thumb

Thats amazing, yeah!!

Posted by BewareoftheNargles {WBM} on September 14, 2010, 03:14 PM report to moderator
121_3293_thumb

According to people on HarryPotterForum and IMDB, Occlumencia confirmed with WB that Williams is NOT returning, its Desplat. My stomache just dropped. I’m so disappointed, especially so after getting my hopes so high and actually hearing that JW was returning.

Posted by JP Gagen on September 14, 2010, 03:32 PM report to moderator
P4093399_thumb

I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS!!!! I LOVE THIS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!! I hostly gasped when I read this title! :D :D :D :D :D

Posted by Natalia {ROAR} on September 14, 2010, 03:42 PM report to moderator
Hp-lupin-wand-short-100_thumb

I’m really happy about this, we’ll have the best music for the finale. : )

Posted by Lucida on September 14, 2010, 03:46 PM report to moderator

Harry lay curled uncomfortably under the Cloak to ensure that every inch of him remained hidden, and watched Pansy stroke the sleek blond hair off Malfoy's forehead, smirking as she did so, as though anyone would have loved to have been in her place.